New members of the India forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the India forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in India if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Bonjour Julien and hello everybody!

My name is Elli, I currently live in Oxford, UK but was brought up in France. I have visited Maharashtra several times and it has now become a dream to spend a little more time there (I'm thinking Pune...). But for that I need a job!

Being 40 something I have a range of experience in different roles (from admin to translation, to retail, yoga teaching - which is what I currently do). Any advice on the best way to go about finding work? Is it best to be on the ground and knock on doors or register with a recruitment agency, or something else?

Thanks!

Elli

Hi everyone

Am Karen, and will be staying in Mumbai for few months to not say a year...am living in Dakar ( Senegal West Africa) for 8 years now bur originally from Madagascar, Hubby is Indian, and this time me and my kid 4 years old boy planning to stay longer for his School and Therapies ( Born Deaf but wearing cochlear implant and hear properly but need to learn how to talk). Anyway I have been in Mumbai once for a month in 2018,did not explore much but my question here is, is that a safe place? and nice to live for a short term? am a Mining construction professional and Project Management so far but at the same time would like to study Special Education or Post Graduate Hospitality Management MBA. Any lead? and ill be Glad to meet some French speaking person too cause am a French Native speaking.

Thanks for reading and reaching me out