New members of the China forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the China forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in China if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, I am Heather from London UK. I have been in Ningbo for 5 days. Pretty overwhelmed by not being able to read and understand anything, and my VPN doesn't work, so it's difficult to keep myself from getting anxious...all that alone time with no entertainment! Any way of getting UK/Am. films/series without VPN? I have been using Sohu, but it's pretty awful with the ads and typeface all over the screen.
Anyone based in Ningbo? I have the whole of the Chinese NY on my lonesome. Would like to meet an expat group, esp other expat women in Ningbo.

Hi, I'm Thomas from Frankfurt, Germany. I will move to Shanghai in April (will be there in Feb and March for 1 week each) and am looking for freelance/job opportunities. I'm a German entrepreneur and freelance business consultant (banking industry).

Looking forward to catching up with a few people when I get to Shanghai.

Thanks.
Thomas

Hi guys, I am Mike a DANCE teacher from Hungary, Budapest. I live in Nanning, Guangxi since 3 years ago, but willing to move to a bigger city soon.
If you see any opportunity please let me know, my wechat:

Respect

Mike

Moderated by Bhavna 3 weeks ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Heather,

My name is India and I am a journalist at Channel 5 News in the UK. I wondered if you would be interested in speaking to us about the Foreign Office now advising that all Britons leave China if possible.

Thanks India

Hey,

I am Philip from New Zealand. Recently moved to Shanghai, I currently work in the finance and tech space. I am hoping to use this platform to make some friends, as I know next to no one and nothing in Shanghai. I enjoy basketball, video games, board games and the occasional party/clubbing. Feel free to reach out to me, I am looking for mates.

Thanks
Philip

I am US citizen from Denver, 53 yo male, married to MD/PhD from Fuling Sichuan, father of 2, retired CPA; we are considering a relocation to Chengdu for wife to spend a few years working as physician in Chengdu; I have been to China 3 times; spent 6 weeks two summers ago, in Sichuan, and Shenzhen / Guandong / Hong Kong & Sanya.  Love spicy Sichuan Hot Pot; we would love to have our two boys spend a few years in Chengdu and immerse in Mandarin.

I LOVED Chengdu when I visited in 2016. I miss that hotpot! Any idea what you would do?

I am Chinese, live and work at shanghai, i travel a lot of place, and would like to make friend with all who come from different background, just say Hi.
BTW, I am at XuHui district, weChat Aaren2016

I am Chinese, live and work at shanghai, i travel a lot of place, and would like to make friend with all who come from different background, just say Hi.
BTW, I am at XuHui district, weChat Aaren2016