Inquiry on giving birth and requirements needed

Hi All,

My name is Cris me and my sister would like to travel to Brazil next month to give birth with her child, I want to ask some few questions :

1) Our visa is tourist visa only and she is a single parent, would it be okay to give birth in Brazil?

2) Is the immigration will ask some questions, usually what kind of questions?

3) Our main reason to go there is to give birth only and get a passport for the baby, is it really legal and 100% that there will be no complications?

4) After giving birth, is it easy to leave the country back to where we really live?

I hope someone could help us here, I just want to have my sister deliver the baby safely. God bless everyone.

BR,
Cris

Chris
She will be asked a lot of questions.
Main question being with child, why coming to Brazil? PF has been firm on coming just for child birth. Will you have enough money to pay hospital, hotels (may not be able to stay with friends), round trip ticket, Clearance from Doctor for her to fly and many other questions. Need CPF and SUS cards.
I strongly recommend waiting for the birth at home. Then visit.
Long way to travel just to told she cannot enter.. It is against the law for what you asked.

Your sister will also be asked about her relationship with the child's father by the Federal Police when she requests the passport.   Removing a child from Brazil requires the permission of both parents,  and Brazilian authorities are insistent on fathers recognizing their responsibilities.   If she truly intends for the father not to be involved in the child's life, she may be ok making a sworn statement to that effect.  If he will be involved, she should have a Power of Attorney from him, notarized under Filipino law and with an apostille for Brazil, agreeing that the child can travel internationally.
Btw, an infant's passport is only valid for one year, so will need to be renewed frequently at the Brazilian Embassy once you and your sister are home.

Don´t do it.

You guys can go and make it. Its some how stressing when you don`t know any one there but Brazilians are very friendly so don`t worry. i wish you guys all the best.

yifan wrote:

You guys can go and make it. Its some how stressing when you don`t know any one there but Brazilians are very friendly so don`t worry. i wish you guys all the best.

You don´t know her financial status. And there are many things that comes into play when it comes to the project. So you should not be advising people to come and go for it. How long have you been in Brazil?

As to Brazilians being friendly, that changes in a hearbeat if you tell them to use their tax revenue for your own use to give birth and then settle here and compete with them with job placement. It´s a normal anthropogenic reaction.

robal

robal wrote:
yifan wrote:

You don´t know her financial status. And there are many things that comes into play when it comes to the project. So you should not be advising people to come and go for it. How long have you been in Brazil?

As to Brazilians being friendly, that changes in a hearbeat if you tell them to use their tax revenue for your own use to give birth and then settle here and compete with them with job placement. It´s a normal anthropogenic reaction.

robal

You're right but I don't think anyone will just wake up from bed and think of coming to Brazil to give birth without wagering of their financial status. Air ticket is not free nor even hotel . So I think before anyone plans to come to Brazil they have all this in mind . I just want them to feel relief and not think it's not possible. In terms of saying Brazilians are friendly I don't mean they gonna give them pocket money 😀 but as in the hospital which am saying they are friendly because I haven't encountered a situation where by any Brazilian was impolite to me at the hospital. Besides every country have bad and good people even some of us the foreigners here in Brazil are imposturous than the Brazilians . I have encountered a lot of situations been deceit by our so called foreigners in Brazil more than the Brazilians. In brief I will encourage them not to give up on such a dream but they should make sure they have enough resources for this journey and a lot of information because it's not just one day stand, all the best👏🏼

Cheers 💪🏼

yifan wrote:
robal wrote:
yifan wrote:

robal

You're right but I don't think anyone will just wake up from bed and think of coming to Brazil to give birth without wagering of their financial status. Air ticket is not free nor even hotel . So I think before anyone plans to come to Brazil they have all this in mind . I just want them to feel relief and not think it's not possible. In terms of saying Brazilians are friendly I don't mean they gonna give them pocket money 😀 but as in the hospital which am saying they are friendly because I haven't encountered a situation where by any Brazilian was impolite to me at the hospital. Besides every country have bad and good people even some of us the foreigners here in Brazil are imposturous than the Brazilians . I have encountered a lot of situations been deceit by our so called foreigners in Brazil more than the Brazilians. In brief I will encourage them not to give up on such a dream but they should make sure they have enough resources for this journey and a lot of information because it's not just one day stand, all the best👏🏼

Cheers 💪🏼

You misunderstood me. By saying "if you tell them to use their tax revenue for your own use to give birth and then settle here and compete with them with job placement. It´s a normal anthropogenic reaction." Pocket money does not enter into the equation. I was trying to tell you that "anchor baby"
parents come and use public facilities or hospitals, give birth and let the tax payers foot the bill. And then stay and compete for job placement.

Do you think that´s fair to you? You said you were at the hospital. Did you happen to deliver your baby here?

robal

Birth tourism is not illegal in Brazil -- at least, not yet -- but that doesn't mean that it's encouraged, either.  With a stagnant economy and a growing refugee load, the government's view seems to be moving from "neutral" toward "skeptical".

Anyone coming here specifically to have a child in order for that child to be a Brazilian citizen needs to have enough money to support herself and her child for several months, meaning a hotel or an AirBnB, because a tourist normally can't lease an apartment.  She will need to have funds for medical care, a hospital stay and perhaps some post-delivery assistance.  She has to have all the home country documents that will be required to register the birth, apply for the passport, and obtain permission to take the child out of Brazil at the end of the process.  Those documents will need to be translated into Portuguese by a Sworn Translator on arrival to be able to be used, and that Translator will have to be paid, too.  All of this needs to be accomplished in what will probably be a monolingual Portuguese-speaking environment, probably without interpreters and quite possibly without any other help.

This can be accomplished, but only at great expense, with a great deal of advance planning and work, and with some luck.  It's not a situation where a devil-may-care "just follow your dreams and don't worry!" is very helpful.

Got you . But I don't mean they should settle here , they want the best for the kid 🧒 that's why am advising them not to give up on such a dream . It might not happen now but maybe in future. But I really understand your point of view.
Cheers

abthree wrote:

Birth tourism is not illegal in Brazil -- at least, not yet -- but that doesn't mean that it's encouraged, either.  With a stagnant economy and a growing refugee load, the government's view seems to be moving from "neutral" toward "skeptical".

Anyone coming here specifically to have a child in order for that child to be a Brazilian citizen needs to have enough money to support herself and her child for several months, meaning a hotel or an AirBnB, because a tourist normally can't lease an apartment.  She will need to have funds for medical care, a hospital stay and perhaps some post-delivery assistance.  She has to have all the home country documents that will be required to register the birth, apply for the passport, and obtain permission to take the child out of Brazil at the end of the process.  Those documents will need to be translated into Portuguese by a Sworn Translator on arrival to be able to be used, and that Translator will have to be paid, too.  All of this needs to be accomplished in what will probably be a monolingual Portuguese-speaking environment, probably without interpreters and quite possibly without any other help.

This can be accomplished, but only at great expense, with a great deal of advance planning and work, and with some luck.  It's not a situation where a devil-may-care "just follow your dreams and don't worry!" is very helpful.

Brazil is bombarded with problems on migration on a large scale at borders with other countries from Venezuela to Bolivia to Paraguay and Argentina. You need money to shelter and feed them till they´re settled. That´s why the govt is now cutting funding on many programs, thinking of new taxes for more revenue, privatizations of govt-held entities and so forth. I noticed also that the naturalization process is increasingly more difficult with more criminal background requirements and now a Celpe-Bras test which is a little hard if you´ve been here for only a year. The government keeps on cracking down on all aspects of migration.

About 6-7 months ago I walked through GRU with an agent. I saw numerous violation and 2 were denied entry. One argued after agents were polite in an interview. Next thing was a nap in a holding cell until airlines got them on a next flight home. Always be truthful.
There is a different mind set in the airports and being they have seen almost everything. I would not chance this.

Thank you so much for all your response guys I really appreciate it.