Overcharged

Hi Guys iv a crisis
I was flying from Sal last night and bought a keyring for €5.50 but was charged €550 it was in the Duty free is there ANYway I can call them direct or email iv tried with no luck and I really need this back asap...

Thank you
Tara

Hi Tara,

Are you absolutely sure you were charged 550€ and not 550 escudos? You see, the duty free shops and other local shops use the local banking system called SISP. The little charge machines only transact using the LOCAL currency called ESCUDOS. If you saw 550 on the receipt then that was 550 ESCUDOS which is equivalent to €5.

Use the photo icon in the menu bar to post a picture of the receipt and I will confirm it for you! The receipt does NOT show your credit card details, so you have nothing to worry about if you post a photo here.

Finally, if your receipt is actually saying 60,500, then it means you were truly charged 550€. In that case, you should contact the Airport Authority (abbreviated as ASA). Here is the contact page on the website for ASA. Just tell them what happened (don't forget to send them a copy of the charge receipt as an attachment to your email.) However, normally, to reverse a credit card transaction, a physical copy of your credit card is normally required (so it could be a little trick to get the credit).

Send me a private message if you need further assistance on the ground here in CV.

Good luck,

Angelo

Madison10 wrote:

Hi Guys iv a crisis
I was flying from Sal last night and bought a keyring for €5.50 but was charged €550 it was in the Duty free is there ANYway I can call them direct or email iv tried with no luck and I really need this back asap...

Thank you
Tara