Medical Insurance with tourist visa in Manila

Hello everybody! I would like to know from the expats in Manila how to receive the medical insurance for the adult and a kid (having tourist visa) and what is the cost/quality. are there any recomendations on the health center/doctors?
thank you very much for the help.

What period of stay, what activities will you be doing?  These are the question you will be asked when you applying for travel insurance.

Simply search for travel insurance from you home country, and complete there online application, quote.

As for medical center's people generally only use travel insurance when they are very sick, or injured, so  you want get much of a choice, except for the nearest hospital.

I don't live in Manila, but use the big hospital's close to where I live for medical conditions.  Until you go to one you will not appreciate that they do quite a good job.  Except for speciates surgeon's sadly the country is lacking those.

I only have US health insurance which does not cover me here, however for shorter stays you can avail yourself of the optional travel insurance when booking a ticket. For longer stays or when living here I suspect that coverage would be denied as one is not really traveling anymore.

When I'm here in country I simply pay out of pocket as medical care is so reasonable. A normal doctors visit and prescription is usually only $20 or so. I once messed up a knee cycling in the mountains and the MRI was only $240. That wouldn't even cover the deductible in the US. But for anything really serious I would head back to the States.

Cheap doctor visits. Have enough money for your tourist stay...

thanks for the answer & your feedback.
I planned to get one for a longer time than just a visit. Targeted timing is 1 year, but maybe i can also split 6+6 if there are such programs. From the home country I believe it is much more expensive.
I read somewhere that tourist can get some ID and then with this card to get an insurance. As I am with the kid I really would prefer to have a doctor on a short access.

thanks for the feedback.

Nadezhda_ wrote:

thanks for the answer & your feedback.
I planned to get one for a longer time than just a visit. Targeted timing is 1 year, but maybe i can also split 6+6 if there are such programs. From the home country I believe it is much more expensive.
I read somewhere that tourist can get some ID and then with this card to get an insurance. As I am with the kid I really would prefer to have a doctor on a short access.

Dont expect much from Philhealth...make a claim and you are sidelined for three months.

For non-hospital expenses the cost of medical care here makes it a safe bet that if you arrive with sufficient cash to cover your maximum out of pocket expenses you will go home with cash left in your pocket.
With hospitalization it would require a serious problem to equal the cost of the insurance premium and the out of pocket expenses.

I have been here 5 years, one hospitalization for heart failure, wife one serious operation in a private hospital.  Self insured me, PhiHealth wife and our costs have been far less than insurance premiums would have cost.

I have annual coverage thru Phil Health. It cost P17,000 a year. I have a tourist visa also. I picked up a supplemental policy also. I'm sure you can add your child. Monthly premiums for traditional insurance I find unaffordable. Doctor visits here for outpatient issues are very reasonable compared to first world countries. However, inpatient hospital services can be very expensive without insurance. And you cannot leave the hospital until your bill is satisfied...

Really,I was going to buy today with my f ilipina wife,