Looking for advice on job opportunities in Bogota

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to move to Colombia soon and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on job opportunities in Bogota. I know that in order to stay in the country longer then 180 days a company needs to sponsor your visa application. I was just wanting to know if anyone can offer advice on this topic and whether or not this is easy to achieve.

I have a degree in business administration with a major in Marketing from the University of Regina in Saskatchewan, Canada. I speak both English and Spanish however my Spanish is not at an advanced level. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cesar

I don't know all the ins and outs but I do know this - without speaking Spanish at an advanced level, not only are jobs hard to find to begin with, but employers would rather hire a native Colombian first.   

I would try to find a multi-national company that might have a presence in Bogotá (and Canada and/or the USA), and convince them that you as someone who can speak both languages even if not perfectly, could bring something to the mix that would be to their advantage - in other words, market yourself.  Plus then you could possibly get paid in either Canadian or US dollars which would be preferable to getting paid a low salary in COP.

You could do searches for things like
bogota jobs for foreigners
and
empresas multinacionales bogota

Awesome thank you for the quick reply and advice I greatly appreciate it.