Marriage at Phillipine embassy or british embassy Jeddah

Hi all

My fiancee is working in Jeddah for the next couple of years and we're working on getting married so thought about whether a British citizen and a filipina can get married In either embassy?

cheers
James

JamesNorris84 wrote:

Hi all

My fiancee is working in Jeddah for the next couple of years and we're working on getting married so thought about whether a British citizen and a filipina can get married In either embassy?

cheers
James

Both must be Filipino citizens to get married at a Philippine Embassy. The British Embassy in Riyadh however can do the ceremony unless you´re an Irish national.

Not sure about the British Consulate in Jeddah.

robal

Thank you for your reply.

I've been in touch with the British embassy who have informed me that both of us need to be british citizens for them to marry us. We are now looking at flying to the Philippines once my fiancee has time off work to get married as it seems more realistic. Could you point me in the right direction of the right forum where I could get info about getting married there please. I'm pretty knowledgable about documents etc so actual experience of getting married in the Philippines would be great

thank you

JamesNorris84 wrote:

Hi all

cheers
James

i doubt that you can marry in an embassy. Why dont you ask your embassy??

JamesNorris84 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I've been in touch with the British embassy who have informed me that both of us need to be british citizens for them to marry us. We are now looking at flying to the Philippines once my fiancee has time off work to get married as it seems more realistic. Could you point me in the right direction of the right forum where I could get info about getting married there please. I'm pretty knowledgable about documents etc so actual experience of getting married in the Philippines would be great

thank you

They must have changed policies. Look at my source below . All needed was at least one party be a British citizen.

Your future wife would probably want to be around her relatives for the ceremony. Lots of sources there to conduct the ceremony in her hometown. Other sources I´m sure our fellow expats will help you out. My congratulations to you...

MARRIAGE AT THE BRITISH EMBASSY IN RIYADH

1.  Marriages valid in English law may be performed by the British Consul in Riyadh if both parties to the marriage can prove that:

One party is a British national;

That they have for 7 clear days immediately prior to the giving of formal notice of marriage to the Embassy had their usual residence within the district of the marriage officer;

Both parties are over the age of 16;

They are not within prohibited degrees of relationship to each other.

They have legally dissolved any previous marriage to which either was a party; and

There is no other impediment to their proposed marriage in Saudi Arabia.

Where necessary, It has been proven (by a lawyer practicing marriage in the non-British applicant's country of origin, or the relevant authorities i.e. Embassy within Saudi Arabia) that the consular marriage will be recognised in the country of the non-British national.

NB:  Marriages between a British national and a non-British national are referred to London so a date cannot be fixed for the marriage until confirmation has been received that the ceremony can be performed.  Marriages in the Embassy are not permitted if either party is a Muslim.  The Irish authorities do not recognise consular marriages and we are therefore not able to marry couples where one party is an Irish national.

2.  Documentary evidence required of each party is:

A British passport as evidence of identity, nationality status, and legal presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;

The full passport of any non-British national, as evidence of identity, nationality status and legal presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Original full birth certificate (showing both parents' names);

Evidence in original of any previous marriage and its termination.  Evidence of the marriage itself is not required if it was terminated by one of the more usual types of divorce decree granted by a court in the United Kingdom.  Where a decree of divorce or nullity was not given by a court, the marriage officer must be satisfied that the divorce or annulment would be accepted as valid in English Law

3.  Enquiries may be put to any consular officer, but formal notice of marriage can be given only to the Consul in Riyadh (or in his absence, the Acting Consul).  This requires personal attendance by one of the British national party to the proposed marriage, and they should first complete fully the enclosed sheets.

Arrangements for the marriage can be discussed at the same time, though where necessary (in all cases where one member of the marriage party is not British) approval from FCO London for the marriage to be performed must be gained before a date can be set or notice for marriage posted.  This permission can take up to 30 days to be granted. 

4.  A formal notice of marriage will be posted in the Embassy for 21 clear days, giving any member of the public who knows of any impediment to the marriage the opportunity to lodge objection. If no objection is lodged, the proposed marriage may be performed at the official house of the marriage officer on any agreed day, within 3 months of the date on which notice was given (so 3 months less 21 days). 

5.  The fees chargeable for consular marriages are below:

Posting Formal Notice of Marriage:        SAR 245

Performing marriage ceremony:        SAR 735

Each marriage certificate:        SAR 245

Where both parties are British each person will need to pay for the Formal Notice of Marriage 

NB:  A marriage solemnised by the Consul/Acting Consul at Riyadh is as legally binding upon the parties as any marriage performed by an authorised Registrar in the United Kingdom.

We send records to the General Register Office annually. A certified copy of entry of Marriage which has been solemnised in Saudi Arabia can only be obtained from the Embassy until the January following the ceremony.

The General Register Office can issue certified copies of marriage entry after 18 months from the date of issuing.  HYPERLINK "https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/most_customers_want_to_know.asp" https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert … o_know.asp

Consular Section
British Embassy
Riyadh

“The information  regarding consular marriage Saudi Arabia is provided as a general guide and is based upon information provided to the FCO by the relevant local authorities. The information on this website is therefore only up to date and accurate to the extent that such authorities provide us with timely and accurate information. Accordingly the FCO does not guarantee that this information is accurate and will not be liable for any inaccuracies in this information. British nationals wishing to obtain information about marriage must also contact the relevant local authority to be sure of the requirements that they need in order for their ceremony to go ahead”.

PERSONAL DETAILS FOR THE GROOM TO COMPLETE:

FULL NAME   

PROFESSION   

ADDRESS                                                     

TELEPHONE NUMBER (Office)   

(Home / Mobile)   

DATE OF BIRTH   

PLACE OF BIRTH   

DURATION OF STAY IN KINGDOM     

WHETHER PREVIOUSLY MARRIED   

MARITAL STATUS   

FATHER'S FULL NAME   

STATUS OF FATHER
(please state whether father is living or deceased)

FATHER'S PROFESSION   

STATUS OF FATHER'S PROFESSION
(active or retired)   

SIGNATURE    ..............................................

PERSONAL DETAILS FOR THE BRIDE TO COMPLETE:

FULL NAME   

PROFESSION   

ADDRESS    

TELEPHONE NUMBER (Office)   
(Home/Mobile)   

DATE OF BIRTH   

PLACE    OF BIRTH   

DURATION OF STAY IN KINGDOM    

WHETHER PREVIOUSLY MARRIED   

MARITAL STATUS   

FATHER'S FULL NAME   

STATUS OF FATHER
(please state whether father        
    is living or deceased)

FATHER'S PROFESSION   

STATUS OF FATHER'S PROFESSION
(active or retired)   

SIGNATURE    ..............................................

FOR OFFICIAL USE:

DOCUMENTS TO BE SIGHTED:

BIRTH CERTIFICATES    .......................

PASSPORTS    .......................

LETTER OF NO OBJECTION    .......................

EVIDENCE OF PREVIOUS MARRIAGE
LEGALLY DISSOLVED    .......................

NO KNOWN OTHER IMPEDIMENTS    .......................

APPROVAL FROM LONDON    .......................

FEES COLLECTED    .......................

BOTH PARTIES OVER 16    .........................

NEITHER PARTY IS MUSLIM    .........................

NOT RELATED WITHIN
PROHIBITED DEGREES    .........................

DATE OF MARRIAGE    .................................

TIME OF MARRIAGE    .................................

NUMBER OF GUESTS    .................................

NAME OF WITNESSES    ..................................

RINGS    ..................................

NUMBER OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES    ..................................

FORM OF SERVICE    ..................................

PHOTOGRAPHERS    ..................................

NOTICE OF MARRIAGE

To the British ___________________________________________ Registration Officer as designated under the Foreign Marriage Act 1892, the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013 and the Consular Marriages and Marriages Under Foreign Law Order 2014

I HEREBY GIVE YOU NOTICE, that a marriage is intended to be had between me and the other party herein named and described (that is to say):

Name and Surname
Nationality
Condition
(Bachelor, Spinster or otherwise)
Address
Length of Residence in Consular District

We elect the relevant part of the UK for the purpose of this marriage: England and Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland
Witness my hand, this …….. day of ……. 20…..

___________________________________
                                        (signature of British National giving notice)

Copy Notice of Marriage / Marriage Notice Book (Form B1)

COPY NOTICE OF MARRIAGE

To Her Majesty's Consul General/ Consul/ Vice Consul at ___________________________________________

I HEREBY GIVE YOU NOTICE, that a marriage is intended to be had, within three calendar months from the date hereof, between me and the other party herein named and described (that is to say):

Name and Surname
Nationality
Condition
(Bachelor, Spinster or otherwise)
Address
Length of Residence in Consular District

Witness my hand, this ……. day of …… ..20

Certified to be a true copy:                 Signature and        }    ______________________________________
Official Stamp of     }
Marriage Officer    }    }

This notice will be void unless the marriage of the parties named in the above notice be solemnised on or before:

If you get stuck, try Cyprus.  I got a civil wedding there and they do, or did, most of the mixed marriages form Israel.  English speaking and should be a short flight from Saudi.  Good place to holiday also.

thank you for your advice!

can I ask would I need a residency in Cyprus or can we get married on a holiday trip?

JamesNorris84 wrote:

thank you for your advice!

can I ask would I need a residency in Cyprus or can we get married on a holiday trip?

I am pretty sure that you do not need to be a resident since, as I said, many people with mixed religions in Israel get married their.  Try the below link for more information.

https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/gettin … prus-guide

Thank you so much I've been going around in circles trying to find info.

My link is under review.  Try google "marriages in Cyprus"

Thank you I've just started looking.

My fiancee's position being stuck in Saudi for 2 more years makes any process even more difficult! she can only take vacation after 1 year also which makes things even harder! Waiting 2 years isn't the end of the world and will leave us with plenty of time to plan a beautiful wedding (if all else fails)

thank you so much for your advice.

Apparently, Cyprus has two time frames.  One is 15 days and the  other for an extra 250 pounds, is 3 days.

I strongly recommend that if you are not from the Philippines, do not marry in the Philippines. God forbid your Marriage fails...You cannot get a divorce in the Philippines. Get married in your country or another country..,

Wow this certification really appears to be so very stressful/confusing to say the least...anyways sincerely wish the marrying couple the very best in their endeavours.
As for me I would stay far away from any form of contract and my word is my guarantee / no lawyers nor witnesses required.

Best wishes

Maybe THAILAND can help..not to sure but I remembered that one of my friends got married that way... here's the link & hope its helpful

https://www.beachrepublic.com/blog/how- … foreigners