Best way to do a visa run FROM Siem Reap.

So I came from Thailand to Siem Reap for a few days and I really liked it and been here for almost 2 months and it's time to go.

I could fly to BKK stay a few days and come back but there might be a better way? As in cheaper 🙂

I've a done a bit of a search around and all I see is questions about visa runs TO Siem Reap.

Anyway any help is appreciated.

Have you looked at 12go online? They will show all transit and you can book there too. I think if you search on bus service Siem Reap to Thailand border it may help too.

Thank you mpmilestogo.

Hello Thomasaj.

I suppose travel is one part of your worries, the other (bigger) one is entry into Thailand.

Many expats/tourists have been refused entry at the Poipet land border crossing into Thailand.

The problem is not Cambodia, as you just leave, your visa is then expired, you come back and apply for a new tourist or ordinary visa.

The problem is Thailand. You officially need to have 20,000 baht on you, a confirmed address where you stay and not too many entry stamps in your passport.

Having said that the best way is to fly into Thailand, not cheaper but for sure more reliable.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thanks Joe
What happens if I am not let into Thailand? I don't really want to go to Thailand. I just want another Cambodian visa.

Hello  ,   you absolutely need to go out of Cambodia if you want a new visa ,   and to reply to your last post ,   when you go out , your cambodian visa is canceled,  but if they don't let you go in Thailand , they make a special note on the passeport , and they send you back in Cambodia and a agent meet you until the cambodian  immigration post , but without a new visa.   I  know it , coz it happend once to me .   
That 's because you must go as soon as possible , and if you have a few day before the end of the cambodian visa , you still have time to ask for a Visa for Thailand , but you need to wait and pay 40 $ + commission of the agency , about 10 $   for it , and from Siem Reap , at least 3 days  , coz the thai embassy is in Phnom Penh .  As Joe said , you can also take the plane. 
If they let you go in Thailand , you don't need to wait ,  you come back just after the thai immigration office , and make a new visa for cambodia .
And yes again from Joe , if you have too many Thai stamps in your passport , it can be a problem. 
From Siem Reap , there are often shared taxis that  joint Poipet border for about 7 $ ,  and the same price to come back  sure,  it takes 2 1/2 or 3 hours , 150 km.
Good luck , Ch

Thanks Christian

Sorry but I'm still not exactly sure what happens if I am not let into Thailand.

The last day of my Cambodian Visa is Tuesday 14 Jan. I plan to go to Poipet on Monday. So what would happen if I am refused entry into Thailand?

It's not really a problem ,  but first you can go as soon as possible and not wait   before the last day of your visa , the border is open every day, even saturday and sunday,    and if you go to Poipet Monday and that you are refused, and come back in Cambodia without a new visa , you have time to buy a plane ticket, but buy fast at the last minute can be expensive....
If you are still in Cambodia after your visa expire , you will not have problem , but  you'll need to pay 10 $/day that you stay in the land ;  10 $ a day to pay when you go out cambodia.
You don't have to wait to go back , make your bag and go to Poipet as soon as possible or buy a plane ticket to Thailand  to go and come back. 
If all is ok to enter Thailand, you can go from Siem Reap to Poipet the early morning, and be back the late afternoon  in Siem Reap.     
Don't worry anyway,  and on the immigration paper for Thailand , you can write a simple address of a guest house in Bangkok ( for example :    85 Wat Bowon Niwet, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200 (this really exist near Kao San Road ! ))  And have thai money on you , at least 10 000 baht, but they never asked me before.    Change possible near the Poipet border. 
Good luck ,   don't worry , all is easy,  and when you'll come back , you go only in the "Visa Service" office  and you don't pay attention to all the people on the street who propose to you to help you to make the visa for you :  it's a scam .  There's only one office and when you'll go out the thai immigration service on the left side,   you  keep the right side of the road as soon as you can and you will see the visa Office , 30 $ and maybe a picture, but I think now , they no longer ask for a picture.  after that , the immigration office 3 or 400 meters further , fill paper for cambodian immigration and then official enter in Cambodia.       
Sorry , I repeat again ,   go as soon as possible. 
Christian.

Thank you so much Christian. I really appreciate your fantastic information.

Happy to help you, but please tell me how it happend when you'll be back.
Thank you.  Ch

Hello again Thomas , was it right for you  to go and back ?
Ch

Hi Christian123

Sorry but I "chickened out and flew to BKK  :( ". (this means I was too scared to go to Thailand via Poipet)

Thanks for asking but I cannot add any information to help anyone else.

Actually I may be able to help. This web page Cambodia Visas explains the different types of visas.

This time I will get an "E class" visa (no no no not the Mercedes car) and extend it several times. I hope.