US warns Americans in Indonesia

https://id.usembassy.gov/security-alert … ry-7-2020/

The murder of an Iranian general in Iraq and Trump's threat to commit war crimes in Iran has increased tensions, so the US embassy in Jakarta is advising US citizens to keep their heads down as they fear your president's actions have put you in danger.

Event:  Heightened Middle East Tensions

There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.

The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.

Actions to Take:

Keep a low profile
Be aware of your surroundings
Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
Review your personal security plans
Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitterand Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Twitter and Facebook

A good old dose of paranoia seems to be in order, just in case everyone is out to get you.

It's been a long time since I got one of these in my in-box.

Interesting interpretation   ;)

By the way this message is written,  I am not sure if it was an Embassy Staffer.. if it was I would be having a serious chat with this person (for your own security ) If it was written by a Expat Staffer.. well that's up to you guys.
It seems more like it was written by an Iranian Embassy staffer as a warning  to US citizens.

"The murder of an Iranian general in Iraq and Trump's threat to commit war crimes in Iran has increased tensions, so the US embassy in Jakarta is advising US citizens to keep their heads down as they fear your president's actions have put you in danger."

This is from a angry person.

Robert...you're quoting from Fred, not the US Embassy.

Their official warning is found on this link...and it's authentic:

https://id.usembassy.gov/security-alert … ry-7-2020/:)

Fred was using a non-linear view.

:lol:

Cheers mate!