Hi All

I'm Dennis Compton. I have been living in other people countries for 20 years now and am thinking of moving from Colombia to Vietnam, I lived in Cambodia and Thailand so am no stranger to S.E. Asia.
I would like to start a project with Soldier Flies and or red worms using the waste from a city or town. I have no firm plan at the moment just a keen interest in this and all things agricultural. I would love to hear from anyone with a similar interest.

Cheers. Dennis

There are a few people doing this as a business. Do a search online, there was a foreigner doing a study in one of the Saigon unis.

Soldier flies

Dennis2 wrote:

I'm Dennis Compton. I have been living in other people countries for 20 years now and am thinking of moving from Colombia to Vietnam, I lived in Cambodia and Thailand so am no stranger to S.E. Asia.
I would like to start a project with Soldier Flies and or red worms using the waste from a city or town. I have no firm plan at the moment just a keen interest in this and all things agricultural. I would love to hear from anyone with a similar interest.

Cheers. Dennis

Hi Dennis, just googled it & its a very interesting project you have in mind. However I think to progress this as a business in Vietnam you will need a Vietnamese National as a partner & you need be careful on that front! Anyway good luck with it & if you do come to Vietnam drop me a line, I might just be interested as a financial backer if you need one that is!

Thanks, I have been watching it develop here for the last few years there are a few people that have done it. The guy from the Uni has already turned it into quite a large company as well as a Vietnamese guy near Cu Chi. I don't have expectations, I want to do it because it fascinates me and is a positive venture. If it grows as the others have that is fine.
I am just getting my feet on the ground so have far to go to get anything working.