Age prejudice...

Oh no.  I have no such problem.  I am not that old and I am with someone near my age and I speak several languages, including Vietnamese.  I am able to go around here and communicate with no problem just as I can in  Japan, Hong Kong, China/Taiwan.

All I am doing is telling the truth.  You want to be pampered instead of pampering your woman than ok Gramps.

It all comes down to financial security. You can be with someone closer to your age who is looking for financial security or someone younger who is looking for financial security. The younger one may leave you but they can also be there to take care of you when you're unable to. My dad told me a few years back that if it wasn't for his GF taking care of him, he wouldn't be around for as long as he did. His GF was about 30 years younger than him but the one thing he didn't do was married her which he couldn't because he was still technically married to my mom but separated for decades.

MEGAMAGA :

Oh no.  I have no such problem.  I am not that old and I am with someone near my age and I speak several languages, including Vietnamese.  I am able to go around here and communicate with no problem just as I can in  Japan, Hong Kong, China/Taiwan.

All I am doing is telling the truth.  You want to be pampered instead of pampering your woman than ok Gramps.

Hahaha, so now it's Mr Polyglot, too damn funny.🤪

You don't know sarcasm when you read it?  Yeah, she loves you long time all right.  Why don't you put yourself in her shoes? if she could choose a younger richer guy, would she?  Or if she could get a guy with that could give her American instead of Irish citizenship, would she?

How come I don't see young white women falling head over heels for old 3rd world grandpas?

MEGAMAGA :

Your ignorance of what you don't know is terrifying.

There are so many reasons why young women choose older men.
One of the reasons is also the local men.
All the girlfriends I had in Asia told me that they would never choose a local man because he smokes, drinks and cheats on them. My wife told me that she would never choose a young white backpacker because he smokes, drinks and cheats on her.
A few years ago my 33 year old Thai girlfriend told me that the locals men are not interested in women over 30 or women with children.
These are only 2 of the reasons why Asian women choose older men.

For honest women, security (which includes financial security) and stability is the most important thing.

As Ciambella posted disappointingly, in your eyes such women are more likely to be seen as prostitutes.

This is an insult to all women who choose disfigured and disabled men as partners.

I think that many Asian women have a different attitude towards eroticism and sex than other women, maybe because they just have to be ready all the time if the man wants to have sex again (there the headache excuse does not really work).

I see two categories of these couples walking around with the big age difference.

One is the young sexy trophy that the old man wants to show off. He always wants to hold hands and hug her. The woman looks rather bored and annoyed and maybe a bit ashamed.
And then there is the young woman who is always looking for the old man's closeness. She laughs all the time and is happy.
With the first category, Cambiella's statement may be true.
However, there is also the second category of women who care more about a man's inner values than his outer ones.
Only the prejudiced and blind cannot see the difference.

In my case, I have found a category 2 woman.
We pamper each other. Not like the biased man in a previous post complained that only I get pampered.

And by the way, I had in my home country a 20 years younger Caucasian woman as a girlfriend (and she was not poor and I was not rich).

There are also men who remain young in appearance and spirit.
Just cool ones.  :cool:

You have 2 choices:
1.  Go for a white woman who will take all your money, your property and leave you with nothing.
2.  Go for the Asian gal who will appreciate your money, stay with you but still milk you dry.

No competition then, option 2 for me & die happy with a smile on my wrinkled old face.

What is so funny?  I am Asian and grew up speaking on of those languages and then I majored in Oriental linguistics in uni.  All East Asian Languages, including Vietnamese, are based in Han Chinese Characters.  It is really no big deal but very convenient.  I don't speak Korean though.

MEGAMAGA :

You don't know sarcasm when you read it?  Yeah, she loves you long time all right.  Why don't you put yourself in her shoes? if she could choose a younger richer guy, would she?  Or if she could get a guy with that could give her American instead of Irish citizenship, would she?

How come I don't see young white women falling head over heels for old 3rd world grandpas?

Most Vietnamese would not even know where Ireland is & from my experience & nationality they think Scotland is in the USA anyway. But I do agree with you that given the hypothetical option most would pick USA, you just need to go look every day at the crowds outside the US embassy like hundreds of them. Just down the road there is the UK consulate & you would be lucky to see 1! hahahaha that tells you a story for sure.
But hey I remember sitting in a restaurant in a place called Lake Lure N Carolina & the waitress did not know where Europe was let alone Scotland or Ireland or England & forget UK!

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : inappropriate
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that we have put aside some comments and banned a troll.

All the best,
Bhavna

Bhavna :

Hello everyone,

All the best,
Bhavna

Apologies for getting caught up in the negative exchanges.

Thanks for cleaning up behind me...  :top:

OceanBeach92107 :
Bhavna :

Hello everyone,

All the best,
Bhavna

Apologies for getting caught up in the negative exchanges.

Thanks for cleaning up behind me...  :top:

Im sure Jefjones will be back using another name.

Another point of interest on this subject....sort of.
On my apartment level there are 14 individual apartments. In 5 of these apartments there are young Vietnamese ladies like 20 to 30 year old's, some with young kids or pregnant & hey guess what, all of them have old Vietnamese "husbands" all easy in their 60's that visit them like once or max twice a week & then head off back to their real wives & families. Hey & guess what, these Vietnamese 'wives' are the ones that are worst with the looks we get & the snide remarks they make to my GF. Like, do you really love him, how much money does he give you every month, why do you not have a car, why do you still work when you should be at coffee shops with your friends or watching TV etc etc etc same stuff I am sure most of you have experienced. The pure hypocrisy of most Vietnamese is mind boggling!!! :dumbom:

unionjack :

.. why do you still work when you should be at coffee shops with your friends or watching TV etc etc etc

My wife knows all about my finances.

Even though there is enough money for the next 25 years, she wanted to earn her own money and opened a boutique and is now working hard to pay me back the money I gave her for the boutique.
She also wants to have a job when I have finished my time.

What do her friends and family say?
They say that she is not normal to work and earn her own money when her rich husband has enough of it.

That's the way of thinking here.
Lying in the hammock all day long and having fun on the smartphone at YouTube about dancing dogs or similar nonsense.

They just don't get it that some people actually like to work!!

unionjack :

Well, I have to say that my Vietnamese girlfriend is very devoted to her work. She could easily stop working and travel with me, but she realises the importance of her career and she likes to send money to her family.
Actually, I think the Vietnamese generally have a great work ethic, where else could you visit a dentist at the weekend or an optician at 8.30pm, both of which I have done.

Malcolmleitrim :
unionjack :

Well, I have to say that my Vietnamese girlfriend is very devoted to her work. She could easily stop working and travel with me, but she realises the importance of her career and she likes to send money to her family.
Actually, I think the Vietnamese generally have a great work ethic, where else could you visit a dentist at the weekend or an optician at 8.30pm, both of which I have done.

I think we could open a whole new can of worms with that statement. In my opinion "generally" should be changed to "in some cases".
For what its worth, I have lived & worked here a long long time & no way would I describe Vietnamese to have a great work ethic. Just go to any supermarket, big coffee shop or any shop for that matter & see them sleeping behind the shelves, constantly on their mobiles, terrible customer service etc. I went down to the apartment office the other day to pay my management fee's & there was 5 of them out cold on the office floor at 2pm & most upset to be woken up.
I agree people work long hours & 6 days a week but there is a difference between showing up & working hard!

unionjack :
Malcolmleitrim :
unionjack :

I think we could open a whole new can of worms with that statement. In my opinion "generally" should be changed to "in some cases".
For what its worth, I have lived & worked here a long long time & no way would I describe Vietnamese to have a great work ethic. Just go to any supermarket, big coffee shop or any shop for that matter & see them sleeping behind the shelves, constantly on their mobiles, terrible customer service etc. I went down to the apartment office the other day to pay my management fee's & there was 5 of them out cold on the office floor at 2pm & most upset to be woken up.
I agree people work long hours & 6 days a week but there is a difference between showing up & working hard!

But 2pm is nap time, everybody knows that.  :)  :)

Getting back to OP. You still here Glen?

glen67 :

i'm not looking forward to the crap i'll get here in a tiny village in NW Scotland !

Sorry I can't be there as an invisible cameraman. That would be some great stuff for youtube.

I suggest you consider your manner on the street. Here is a trick.
When out and about, dress well, always lead, and own your pride with a smile (or smirk).  Say to yourself,
"I'm Harrison Ford (or Bruce Willis or George Clooney) this is my street, and I don't care about you morons!"

It actually works. You will win with your tall-poppy confidence.
It is ok to feel pity for them. Noblesse oblige.

I agree with Ciambella, but what happens in VN is not unique to VN.  I was watching a show last night and it provided a stat of the average age difference between married men and women in the USA, just under 3 years difference with the man being older.  Thus, if you are walking around in the USA, I don't think it matters which city, if you are 65+ and your wife is 25 or less, you are going to get stares and comments, but it will likely depend on how you look together, not so much the age difference.

With respect to my experiences in VN, we never had any issues, other than jealous older women and VN men, but it was rare.  But the comments had nothing to do with age, it was out of jealousy.

What I have heard about the issues with older women is that they feel cheated they missed out on the internet dating and ability to meet foreigners when they were young.  For example, when I told a good friend of mine from Hanoi who I worked with here in the USA that i was dating a woman from VN, she said "I wish you would have told me, have a good friend in Hanoi, well educated, professional, good family, fluent english, well traveled etc.".  But then she asked me "how old is your GF?"  I asked how old was her friend and she said 33.  When I told her how old my GF was, she said "well, that would never work because why would you want an older VN woman when can you shop in the candy store."

With respect to envious people, again, not just a VN issue.  I can tell you for a fact, there are millions of people in the USA who are just as envious.  What I see that is different, the people in VN let you know while those in the USA will not be so public about it.  I had one neighbor here in the USA so envious that she would walk on my property to assess my assets vs. what she had and it drove her nuts, especially when I was into cars and had 7 on the property.