Cost of Living in Cuenca--Some Helpful Sites

Many people are curious/concerned about the cost of living in Cuenca, and in Ecuador as a whole. Rightly so, as we all have our limits of what we can spend to live, no matter if those limits are relatively high, or relatively low.

Here are some sites I've found that offer information about cost of living. Some of them compare specific thngs (groceries, rent), and others just rank Ecuador in its relative expenses to other countries. I'd recommend looking at several, because it leads to a more well rounded picture of what costs may be.

expatfocus.com/expatriate-ecuador-currency-costs

classifieds1000.com/Ecuador/Retirement/Cuenca_Equador_Real_Cost_of_Living This one is a bit frustrating, because there is a lot of extraneous information, and it's not dated. But reply #14 lists, item by item, what the poster spent his first month living in Cuenca.

gringosabroad.com/cost-of-living-in-ecuador-haines-family-in-cuenca-fall-2010/. Another that's the costs for specific people. But it's a young family, renting a house, and dated in the fall of 2010, so recent. It's also quite specific, while offering ranges for comparison.

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Ecuador&city=Cuenca

There is more, of course. These four are just a start, if you really want to do a lot of internet research. But the best way to find out is to get to Cuenca and see for yourself...our first trip will be next year!

Hi mickisue and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for these info, this may help many people willing to know about the cost of living in Cuenca.

Instead of putting external links,you may also contribute to the Ecuador Guide Life, by writing your own articles, this may be helpful too.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Thanks, Harmonie. But, as I don't yet live in Cuenca, it would be really arrogant of me to put myself forth as an expert!

Hi Mickisue,
I have been living in Cuenca for a year now,and almost 2 in Ecuador.
Cuenca is the most expensive city in Ecuador,but it is worth it,it is not as cold as Quito and the people are very,very nice,the crime is very low.You can find a two bedroom furnished apartment for 500 dolars a month with all the accomadation,including internet.It is hard to find rents allowing pets but the cuencanos are changing a little bit towards this.This is my email [email protected] you want to know more ,contact me.
Take care.
Tania