Follow up to Woe PLDT

Phone call after phone call got promises from PLDT with the same old bs from them.

Finally on December 11th I emailed [email protected] with my complaint, at this time I had no service for three weeks.

On December 19th ntc.gov replied that they contacted PLDT on my behalf.

On December 19th I contacted SKY Fiber and placed my order.

On December 20th PLDT contacted me referring to the letter from ntc.gov
and gave me the same bs as before.

On December 23rd Sky had it installed and running.

On December 24th I received another monthly bill from PLDT.

Do not pay them dude. PLDT is crap.

Services not delivered should not be paid. Do they do prorate in PI? If PLDT insists on collecting, is there a consumer protection agency in the Philippines?

Cancellation is the only recourse now. Sorry to hear of your difficulties...

Yes, I sent my son down to PLDT with the bill, he is too polite to tell them to shove it. Of course I'm not going to pay the bill.

I want to return the router so we don't get charged, but family members are convinced to let them pick it up.

At this moment our download speed is 19.32 mbps and upload is 12.32 mbps. On PDLT when running our speed varied between 1.5 to .5 download mbps.

PLDT was 1980 peso per month & Sky is 2500 peso per month.

W9XR wrote:

Yes, I sent my son down to PLDT with the bill, he is too polite to tell them to shove it. Of course I'm not going to pay the bill.

I want to return the router so we don't get charged, but family members are convinced to let them pick it up.

At this moment our download speed is 19.32 mbps and upload is 12.32 mbps. On PDLT when running our speed varied between 1.5 to .5 download mbps.

PLDT was 1980 peso per month & Sky is 2500 peso per month.

Glad to hear of the resolution! Thanks for your post.

I had similar problem with my relocation. I finally told them I was wanted to cancel my fiber contract. They told me I could buy it out. I told them I didn't need to because they were in breach of contract for not providing me service. Fiber was installed 2 days later.

That conversation was with their tech support on Facebook btw. So I had proof of everything with screenshots of the chat.