EP application-Letter from MOM

Hi, I've applied my first EP and this is my 15th day of application. Today I just received an email from MOM that stated:
"As we need to carry out more checks, it will take 3 to 4 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore."

I didn't know what do this letter imply...I tried to look into the forum, but the most recent post is around 2 years ago. Like to know does anyone also get this letter recently? If so, can I know what is the outcome, and how long does it take to get the final outcome? Not quite sure whether it will really take 3 to 4 months as it addresses in the email....

Thank you for your kind advice.

What do you mean by you got letter from MoM? MoM doesn't send any communication to the employees, rather send all direct communication to the employer who has applied work pass online.

It may not take 3 to 4 months but certainly would take longer or may be more than a month or two. You need to have patience and be prepared to accept both outcome (in your favour or against). Good luck

I find it weird too, but the email is really from MOM sending to my personal email address. It also states that it is a computer generated message

Then check with your employer that whether they have mentioned your email address in EPOnline for communication with MoM?

I never heard MoM sends message to any employee in past. Better check with your employer.

Hi Janetia, It is interesting to learn that MOM directly communicate to the employee regarding EP application. (This is also the first time I heard about that)

Have you checked with your employer and can you please help to share your experience here because I believe it will benefit many other members of the forum.

Thank you very much!

Hello all,

I also just received the same mail. Thank you for all the volunteers and your time responding to our queries. I wonder if anyone can direct me to a forum where this has been resolved? I also received a similar direct mail from MOM. I used to live in Singapore for 6.5 years and have never had any direct communication with them until this time around.

Thanks very much and appreciate your help!

Hi krissanfrancisco,

This is the second time I have heard about the case.

Really appreciate your help to update about your case later, when it develops, so that we all can learn from your experience.

Thank you so much!

krissanfrancisco wrote:

Hello all,

I also just received the same mail. Thank you for all the volunteers and your time responding to our queries. I wonder if anyone can direct me to a forum where this has been resolved? I also received a similar direct mail from MOM. I used to live in Singapore for 6.5 years and have never had any direct communication with them until this time around.

Thanks very much and appreciate your help!