Finding a Job

I have worked for the same company (parcelforce) since i was 16 (30 now) and was wondering what delivery couriers you have out there? Also does anyone know if there is much work for 'man with a van' stuff, removals, house clearance, stuff transported malta- gozo or even italy. Its just that Wife and kids are flying over when we move and i am driving a van over so as i will have it there i was thinking i could make use of it somehow. Any help would be appreciated. Also would the van sell for a higher price in malta then in the uk as depending on what job i get will depend on wether i keep the van or not, thanks, mike.

in terms of the van -- check out the maltapark.com for second hand prices....vehicles in general command higher prices here..but then if you bring it over and planned to sell it you would have to keep it for three years (and pay the import duty/reg tax-which in turn may negate any profit from the sale.) i think as a condition of importing it should you sell it to a local..or if you were selling it to a foreigner who was not intending to stay here then thats different - check the other threads on the forum for this as it gets quite complicated. As for work for man and van - i would have thought there was work for this as not everyone owns a van here and many people who live here move around quite a bit and as such have belongings to be moved - not necessarily large peices as most property here is furnished...

Hi mate,

I'm not too sure about work regarding what you are looking for, however there are several firms around who would look to employ people as drivers, like cab companies etc.

Where I am working at the moment is a great job and the money is very good for malta aswell, if you want mate PM me and I'll give you some more info.

Regards,
Ken.

good luck in your jobsearch :)

Hello! I still have a lot of questions, but I will take it easy...
Please help me clarify in which town it is best to live and  finding a job easily. I know that depends in what you are able to do. My husband hopes for a job in IT, web design. And I am and art teacher. I teach children to draw. I think that is hard to find jobs for our preparation but in the begining we want to find jobs to afford to pay the rent and survive. I can also baby sit children. So please help me to find the town to work and live decently.

What is your husbands work experience in that field like? Perhaps you can send me a private message. I am a recruiter.