moving to malta

Hi all
sorry for all the questions in advance and thanks for for your help
I am Canadian, my wife is German with 10 years old son planing to move to Malta as soon as we gather all info we need to help us with our move. I work in hospitality management for long time and would like to know the cost of living for family like us and best affordable areas for families to live in
I am interested in Cozo as well but not sure about work and schools there
If i need a work permit and if so how hard to get one and how long? I heard because my wife is from EU  will not need one not sure if that's correct. how is the public school system there and if there is buses or how it works? how much private schools cost a year and if it is easy to find spot and when usually school starts and ends?
is there any online way to look for jobs and house rentals ? any websites you recommend to check or contact such as recruiter agencies?

Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon

If your wife is EU you have right to work here via a easy application.

Malta works by visiting it and seeing if you like. Don’t believe jobs/flats/etc anything online.

No private schools of note in Gozo private schools can be up to 20k/year. Public ones are free.

Welcome to the Forum, a lot of the questions have been asked on here many times, use the search button and you should find some answers, good luck.

Thank you much appreciated

Does anyone know what documents are required in my case as i mentioned i am Canadian ,my wife is German and my 10 years old son has both.I have tried to contact the embassy in Canada and identity Malta and citizenship with no luck or if you know where or who to ask will be appreciated.
I just want to come and have everything i need and be prepared

Thanks in advance

Noah11 :

Does anyone know what documents are required in my case as i mentioned i am Canadian ,my wife is German and my 10 years old son has both.I have tried to contact the embassy in Canada and identity Malta and citizenship with no luck or if you know where or who to ask will be appreciated.
I just want to come and have everything i need and be prepared

Thanks in advance

Have you checked out this Malta Government website?

It might help you.

I did thank you it is just talk in general but not saying what documents needed.i will try to contact them again I guess
Thanks anyway

Considering that its the holidays season, government offices will be closed, so it might be some time till you get a reply if you have emailed them.

Emails very rarely get answered here, normally you need your passport, lease agreement, proof of
having an income and health insurance, you may be asked for bank statements.

Thank you guys appreciated