Bank loans.

Requirements for a Filipino married couple in obtaining a bank loan. Foreigner is on a retirement pension.

Baracuda555 wrote:

Requirements for a Filipino married couple in obtaining a bank loan. Foreigner is on a retirement pension.

Depends on what the loan is for. Requirements can be your visa status, married to a Philippine citizen, proof of income and or a permanent residency status.

Having either a 13A visa or an SRRV (special resident retirees visa from the PRA) might also be a requirement as they both indicate a permanent residency status in the RP.

Sometimes they would like some collateral.   House, vehicle etc

mugtech wrote:

Interest rates must be high in the Philippines.

robal wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Interest rates must be high in the Philippines.

Yes, very high.

why not try to get the loan from your home country. unless its a house they want fun that. but they will a vehicle or a signature loan or one with collateral. Usually the interest rates are less. better yet if you use a credit union. please a thought. this is what i did.

In general, bank loans and mortgages are not the core of bank business here. The payback ratio from their own people is extremely low, and so the 5-for-6 Indian peoples are what most pinoy use when borrowing money.

Helps to at least look as official as possible, and as already mentioned, with longer-term visas (quota, SRRV, permanent through your spouse, etc.) helps a lot. As well as proof of a pension or business income here or in your home country.

daenr wrote:

In general, bank loans and mortgages are not the core of bank business here. The payback ratio from their own people is extremely low, and so the 5-for-6 Indian peoples are what most pinoy use when borrowing money.
Helps to at least look as official as possible, and as already mentioned, with longer-term visas (quota, SRRV, permanent through your spouse, etc.) helps a lot. As well as proof of a pension or business income here or in your home country.

Agreed on some points raised by daenr;
Especially banks core business:
I have come across banks here who openly advertise sales of forfeited items. (i've put a link below : some good deals too be had!!! :D ), YES the payback ratio is extremely poor, especially here in the provinces.

https://www.chinabank.ph/acquired_asset … e.aspx?i=2

Thanks

You have to find out whats best for you. I found that using my home country (USA) credit union was best. For example the auto loan I need for vehicle That I bought here was 3.75%.  I couldn't get that percentage here in philippines. Like yourself I draw a pension.

My wife family has a relative that work for banking system here. I priced out loans from her. Everyone of them required a lot down and crazy interest rate. So i found that doing your home work before taking a loan is wise.