Can another company apply new VISA

In September I received an offer from a company in Bahrain. They applied for the visa and work visa was issued in last of November. Unfortunately in start of December, I lost my passport somewhere in Pakistan, and passport office issued a new passport. I tried to travel using the new passport, however, protector office in Pakistan did not stamped the protector as the visa contains old passport number, and they said last digit of new passport is not matching with the issued visa. As this happened just few days back, still, I did not informed my employer.

Now just few days, I received another offer from a new company and they offered me better IT management position (with good benefits) than previous company. Although, old employer did not closed my offer, but now I am willing to join new company.

Keeping short, one employment visa has already been issued with old passport number (which is lost) and has validity till next 5 months. The new company is expecting to start the position from start of February in any case (as they are not going to wait). Currently I have new passport with just last digit different than previous passport.

Can the new company go with applying new visa? Can this create any problem with LMRA/NPRA? as one visa has already been issued just few weeks back. The new passport has everything common (name, date of birth, father name etc). Only last digit is different than previous passport. LMRA and NPRA have everything in their computer system. Can LMRA or NPRA reject new company visa on the basis of this argument that a visa has already been issued, and another company is trying to apply for the new visa with new passport.

As expert advice on this problem would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Already replied to your pm.