Residence permit for sweden for infant

Hi,  me and my husband have applied for residence permit of our new born baby in october 2019. We both hold work permits.  How long will it take to get the decision.  We are from india.

Hello, Congratulations  :|
These are the steps you have to check/follow as non EU citizens:
1. Inform the birth to Skatteverket. Normally BB/Barnmorska must do it but better to double check. Child will get a person nr etc.
2. Register the birth through your embassy to the authorities in the country you are a citizen of. Apply for passport and all the other documents.
3. Apply for visa to stay in Sweden for the child. Whatever the visa parents have the child will also have as long as the validity of parents visa. The child will not get any other type of visa status than parents have.

If you have followed above then all you have to do is keep an eye on your mail. All the best!

Hi,  Thank you for your reply.  I gave birth in India not in Sweden.  And i have already applied for my baby's residence permit.  Just wanted to check if there is some way that i can approach the MV to process it asap as my husband is having measels and he is all alone in sweden.

I'm not sure your situation is a good enough reason to get any priority. But maybe your husband can push it from here somehow by talking or writing to the handler. Unfortunately in couple of days Sweden is going to only eat and drink all day long until second week of January.

Don't take it negatively, your reason to expedite most likely will work against you. You might be seen as reckless parents who want to expose an infant to sick adult. Consider you too catch measles then who is going to take care of infant?

@Kit2singh, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. Between you and me every little reason could be a good enough reason but I was referring according to MV's list of reasons. I hope your hubby will get well soon.

Hey..  Not at all..  I am hoping some positive reply by January..