Paypal refill

Hi everyone,
I would like to know, how do you add money to your Paypal account in VN?
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Hello

I also had trouble with my US Paypal account when I got here back in 2016. The only way I found around it is to open a Paypal account in Vietnam.

Amenaeasmin wrote:

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Hi -

Your question is not exactly clear. Normally, people can add money to your Paypal account from their own paypal account or from their bank account if you send them a payment request.

As dbrutter mentions PayPal accounts are country specific, so if you want to link your Paypal account to a bank account in Vietnam, you need to close your account in another country and open a new one.

Of course, you can still use a PayPal account of another country by using your linked bank's ATM card.

Anyway, let us know more details about what you want to do.

Johnross23 is correct, however, you don't have to close one account in order to open another one. I still use my US PayPal account (linked to my bank in the US) and I use another Paypal account linked to my bank here in Vietnam.
Since I work online, this allows me to have money deposited into either account as the need arises.

Just curious if you can send money from your US PayPal account to your VN PayPal account and would there be any fees and limits?

I registered with PayPal half an eternity ago and can't remember.

How does the identification work if I want to open a PayPal account in another country?

I plan to move my money to Singapore. Can I open a Singapore PayPal account without a residence address in Singapore?

Sorry OP for the partial off-topic.

Amenaeasmin wrote:

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Paypal doesn't work like that. It is not a debit card that you load.

First you need a bank account, and optionally a credit card. They you get a Paypal account that connects to your financial accounts. When you purchase with Paypal, they will yank the money out of your bank automatically. Why not just use your debit card? Because online businesses don't want to figure out how to accept money from thousands of banks and credit cards. Paypal interfaces with all of those.

google "how does paypal work"

""PayPal is a service that enables you to pay, send money, and accept payments. Register your credit card or debit card with your PayPal account. ... Simply choose PayPal when you select a payment option on this site, and you can quickly open a PayPal account and add your payment method to complete your purchase."

qnbui wrote:

Just curious if you can send money from your US PayPal account to your VN PayPal account and would there be any fees and limits?

There will be no limited, and You should choose the option to send money to family and Frend. So there will be no transfer fees deduction by Paypal.

AkaMaverick wrote:

I registered with PayPal half an eternity ago and can't remember.

How does the identification work if I want to open a PayPal account in another country?

I plan to move my money to Singapore. Can I open a Singapore PayPal account without a residence address in Singapore?

Sorry OP for the partial off-topic.

You can open Paypal in anywhere in the world, ( Some countries not allow)  To verify the account you need to have a local bank account. Example if you open an account in Singapore then you need to Have a Singapore bank account to link it with Payal.

Amenaeasmin wrote:

Hi everyone,
I would like to know how do you add money to your Paypal account in VN?
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

You cannot deposit money to your PayPal account in Vietnam. The best way you should open a Skrill account.  Specially Paypal does not allow in your own country.

qnbui wrote:

I talked with a PayPal representative the other day.

They said you can only have a PayPal account in one country, either USA or Vietnam or another eligible country.

So if I want to open a PayPal account in Vietnam I need to close my PayPal account in America.

Then, once I open my PayPal account here in Vietnam with a Vietnamese Bank, then I can add a bank from the USA to my account.

Just heresay over the phone from a call center rep.

She also said that if PayPal believes you are living outside of the USA using a US PayPal account, they will close it.

I'm just repeating what I was told.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
qnbui wrote:

They said you can only have a PayPal account in one country, either USA or Vietnam or another eligible country.

So if I want to open a PayPal account in Vietnam I need to close my PayPal account in America.

Then, once I open my PayPal account here in Vietnam with a Vietnamese Bank, then I can add a bank from the USA to my account.

She also said that if PayPal believes you are living outside of the USA using a US PayPal account, they will close it.

It should be correct as can keep numbers of accounts in different countries with a separate email. One email can hold only one account.

Contem talk wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
qnbui wrote:

It should be correct as can keep numbers of accounts in different countries with a separate email. One email can hold only one account.

Sure.

But if you have one primary bank account you want to access, you can only do it through one account.

So I currently have Schwab and US Bank both in my USA PayPal.

If I open a Vietnam PayPal account, I can't link the Schwab account as long as it is already linked to the USA PayPal.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Contem talk wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Sure.

But if you have one primary bank account you want to access, you can only do it through one account.

If I open a Vietnam PayPal account, I can't link the Schwab account as long as it is already linked to the USA PayPal.

No, you cannot link USA Paypal account to Vietnam bank account. and Vietnam Paypal accounts to USA bank account.

Contem talk wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Contem talk wrote:

Sure.

No, you cannot link USA Paypal account to Vietnam bank account. and Vietnam Paypal accounts to USA bank account.

We might be getting Lost in Translation here, but you CAN add a US bank account to a Vietnam PayPal account.

You first have to open the Vietnam PayPal with a Vietnam Bank.

With PayPal accounts from countries other than the United States, you can always add a United States account, once you have opened the PayPal account outside United States with a bank from the country of your "foreign" Paypal account.

However, you cannot add a foreign bank account to a US PayPal account, according to customer service.

I hope I'm not making this more confusing

I have a PayPal account in Switzerland since 2007.
I could only link a CHF bank account to my PayPal.
So I could transfer money from PayPal account to the linked bank account (Transfer to your bank) or transfer CHF from the bank account to the PayPal account (Add money to your balance).

Today I opened an additional PayPal account in Vietnam. This is only possible with a different email address.
I can only link a VND bank account (are there VND accounts at American banks?). Also with an additional linked bank account only VND bank account is possible.
With the PayPal account in Vietnam I cannot select "Add money to your balance".
So I see no possibility to transfer money to my PayPal account except from another PayPal account (with high fees).

So I don't see any possibility to transfer money abroad via PayPal, as it has been propagated a few times here.

So, PayPal in Vietnam works only for online shopping and that's it.

AkaMaverick wrote:

I have a PayPal account in Switzerland since 2007.
I could only link a CHF bank account to my PayPal.
So I could transfer money from PayPal account to the linked bank account (Transfer to your bank) or transfer CHF from the bank account to the PayPal account (Add money to your balance).

Today I opened an additional PayPal account in Vietnam. This is only possible with a different email address.
I can only link a VND bank account (are there VND accounts at American banks?). Also with an additional linked bank account only VND bank account is possible.
With the PayPal account in Vietnam I cannot select "Add money to your balance".
So I see no possibility to transfer money to my PayPal account except from another PayPal account (with high fees).

So I don't see any possibility to transfer money abroad via PayPal, as it has been propagated a few times here.

So, PayPal in Vietnam works only for online shopping and that's it.

Thanks for clarifying with a first person account.

PayPal customer service on the phone seems clueless.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

PayPal customer service on the phone seems clueless.

Many companies have a two-level support.
In the first level, a member of staff who has received a short training course answers the questions with the help of a database which was created on the basis of previous support requests. This way, general questions are processed quickly and inexpensively.
For only a little more complex questions the answers are usually annoying.

If the user is not satisfied with this, an experienced, well-trained employee comes into play and, depending on the company, answers the queries more precisely.

I recently had a support request with TransferWise. The first answer was simply useless.
I followed it up and another support representative answered my request very competently.

I know what I am talking about because I worked in second level support (between customer support and product developers) for several years.  :)

When I arrived in VN back in January 2016 I already had a US Paypal account. Soon after that, I opened a Paypal account here in VN and I have been using them both ever since. 
But You cannot transfer money from one to the other and yes, I did open the VN account with a different email address.

Hi, my PayPal is connected to Deutsche bank, now both accounts are empty. I can't transfer money to my Deutsche bank account. which why I needed help.
I didn't make the question clear because I was a little confused about Vietnam Paypal. Now it doesn't matter. I am leaving VN soon.
Thanks, everyone for your reply.