Shopping online or local in Cologne

Hello
I will be staying just outside of the Cologne city centre (south) and I would like to know if there are shops that delivery quickly for normal, ordinary, day to day things.  I have only just started learning German and I am struggling with websites and not knowing the prices and quality is also a challenge.

For example, I am looking for something comparable to

In the UK - any large food supermarket would deliver your groceries. It is not ‘fancy' or high-end, just everyday groceries. Anything like this?

An online shop to order things like bed linens, towels, iron, ironing board, bin, etc basic home stuff

An online shop to order nuts, nut butters and dried fruits in bulk, 1 or 2KG size bags, maybe organic but not required.

I guess you can get most things on Amazon these days but would like to know some local online retailers as well.

Any other suggestions welcomed :)

Very unusual for non-online shops to deliver anything and certainly not groceries. An exception might be for some large heavy objects like if one orders a washing machine or refrigerator. But then there is likely a steep delivery fee. But I don't understand why one would not shop themselves for things like food? You don't need to speak the language. Just put things in your shopping cart and pay at the register when you leave. If it is a matter of transportation because you buy a lot and don't have a car then maybe you want to rent one or join a car sharing scheme if you need one on a more regular basis.

You really don't anything to worry about when food shopping it's really quite simple. I know people that don't speak a word of German and get by just fine.

But if you really wish to have food delivered you can order from the English Shop. Their website is in English and German. Check their shop out as well.

The English Shop
An St. Agatha
4150667 Köln
Phone: 0221-257 85 55
E-Mail: [email protected]

Opening hours:
Monday - Saturday 10:00-20:00

Some big supermarket chains like Rewe and Real have online order and delivery services for everyday goods. Check their websites!
Also, some organic farms and traders offer home delivery (often on a weekly susbscription basis). You can probably find the ones in your area by googling!