Brexit and buying land

Hi Im from the UK. At the moment any EU member can buy land in Bulgaria - however, the UK will probably leave at the end of January. Does that mean it wont be possible to buy land after the UK leaves ?

Welcome :)

As it stands basically all foreigners can buy property provided it doesn't come with land.

Hi from what I have read a foreigner can currently buy property even with land as long as they are from an EU country? or the euea so currently I Can buy land. WHich is why my question about what will be the situation after brexit? 

bulgarianproperties.com/faq.htm

This all hangs in the balance of a Deal or No Deal or if Brexit happens on 31st January.

What about people who already own land cod this be in jeoperdy?

[Post deleted]

Thanks EVTRAT
I was looking at a house that had an orchard and some nut trees - does that count as agriculture ? or is it more commercial agriculture ?
cheers

[Post deleted]

Does anyone have an update on this as UK definitely leaving EU 31st Jan. Will you need to have a BG company to buy a house with land If you are from UK?

There is the Transition period so nothing will properly change for a year.

A large estate agent in BG had advised You will need a BG company to buy after 31st Jan

Hello all
               How easy is it to set up a Bg company to buy a house with land?
what paper work will be needed and do you have to pay tax on your company?
Does anybody know if it will be easy to buy a house in Bulgaria after 31st of jan. or have we got to wait until and if brexit gets sorted.
We are wanting to buy a house with small garden this year or early next. Any advice will help.

Small garden should not be classed as land.

I was told by a BG attorney that a US expat need to establish a business to by property. The type was not specified, though.

DrDuane wrote:

I was told by a BG attorney that a US expat need to establish a business to by property. The type was not specified, though.

Considering this is Brexit (UK citizens) related to, your input is not helpful as we have different rules. But thank you for input.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

I will be sure to avoid all Brit issues and comments in the future.

Surely post Brexit we British citizens will be in a similar boat to American expats with not much more than a double tax agreement between us and BG.

I've been told that since January 1, 2021, Brits who don't currently have Bulgarian residency will need to set up a Bulgarian company to buy any house, apartment, or forest land.
So yes, as J.Ashton said, probably the same situation now as a US citizen. Last year different rules applied because of the transition period.

The same rule is for every non-EU citizen. If you need to buy agricultural land the process is a lot more complicated, but it has a relosutions of course. I am a lawyer, so I can help with that issue.