Holiday certificate

Hi,

I have currently joined a Belgian employer who is asking me for a Holiday certificate for the duration i worked in belgium for my Indian Employer.

Is it compulsory for the indian employer to provide me this document if i ask them?

Took two seconds to find a very similar thread in this very website :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=872974

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for your reply. I had gone through this thread.
Sorry, if i had framed my question incorrectly. What I wanted to ask is, if my previous employer doesn't provide a holiday certificate then what can be done in that case?
If I fail to provide this document to my current employer, then what's the consequences of that. Won't I get any of the vacation days for next year?

No worries, do mention details when you post. Whoever responds here, takes their time to answer your queries. Let us make their lives easier too ! :)

Yes, your understanding is correct. If your employer will not give you holiday certificate, you have to go through like any person starting a new career here. You have to earn your holidays (as per my understanding). I could be wrong. Some companies have the provision for employees to loan some holidays, which will later be settled when they have enough holiday balance or when they exit the company.

Thanks for the information, Aneesh :)

Aneesh wrote:

No worries, do mention details when you post. Whoever responds here, takes their time to answer your queries. Let us make their lives easier too ! :)

Yes, your understanding is correct. If your employer will not give you holiday certificate, you have to go through like any person starting a new career here. You have to earn your holidays (as per my understanding). I could be wrong. Some companies have the provision for employees to loan some holidays, which will later be settled when they have enough holiday balance or when they exit the company.

Warning

The payment and the taking of paid holidays being regulated in Belgium. During the statutory period, the new employer may be temporarily liable for a lower salary based on the assumption that the employee received the paid leave money from his previous work contract.