Just for fun: Unusual cultural habits in Mexico and around the world

In this Just for fun thread, we would like to highlight unconventional customs which make Mexico stand out. This is a chance, at the same time, to learn about other countries' equally interesting traditions.

1. Which country considers cats to be lucky? How about Mexico?
2. In which country should you not write in red ink?
3. Is there anything like a 15-minute grace period in Mexico or is showing up on time or earlier a common practice?
4. In which country do people greet each other by rubbing noses?
5. What is one custom associated with Mexican culture that you have found to be quite unusual?

Thanks for participating,
Diksha

So, I am not a fan of quizzes, but I will share some things I know which would be information.

1. Which country considers cats to be lucky? How about Mexico?
2. In which country should you not write in red ink?
3. Is there anything like a 15-minute grace period in Mexico or is showing up on time or earlier a common practice?
4. In which country do people greet each other by rubbing noses?
5. What is one custom associated with Mexican culture that you have found to be quite unusual?

1. Mexico is a dog country. often dogs kill cats here.
2. I have never seen red ink here, but it is hard to get a functional pen at all here. I go through a lot of them.
3. Mexico is about manana. If you have a cita they want you to sort of be on time, but otherwise, tarde is the rule.
4. As far as I know, rubbing noses is a  frozen north tradition which is not done here. Holding hands is very popular and that can be a whole family thing. They do not let go to pass which can be a problem on narrow little streets.
5,. The most unusual custom I am aware of is the habit one pueblo has of removing, cleaning and replacing the bones of their dead during Dias de Muertos. I say dias because there is actually more than one day. They recognize adults and children separately. There are parties and food offerings so it's more of a celebration of life than a recognition of death.