Chances of EP approval after PR renounciation

Dear Expats,

I have stayed in singapore for 12 years and have renounced my SPR last year due to personal reasons and I didn't work since i left Singpore. Now I have got an opportunity to work in singapore again(14 years of relevant experience), and my EP and is under process for more than  3 weeks. The current status is "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer".

What are my chances of getting EP? And does my PR renunciation impacting my approval chances?

Thanks,

Regards,
Pjv

Pjv2019 wrote:

What are my chances of getting EP? And does my PR renunciation impacting my approval chances?

Your chances are not Zero, but lower than if you never had a PR.
It really depends on why and how you renounced your PR:
If you did, for example, renounce to avoid NS for yourself or a (male) child (or if the authorities suspect this was the reason), you have no chance.
But if you worked outside of Singapore for several years and your REP just expired, it is not seen as a huge problem.
Of course it also matters how urgently the Singapore economy needs people like you, plus a number of other factors we cannot evaluate here.

Thanks Beppi.

I have not renounced my PR due to NS reasons. I became SPR in year 2010 (that was after my employment) and was not required to serve NS.
And neither of my family is a PR (rejected twice for my wife).

Fingers crossed. Let's hope for the best.