Home decoration ideas for expats in Tunisia

Hello,

After moving to Tunisia, setting up home and turning your accommodation into your personal abode can be a great way to start off your new life and feel at home. We would like to know whether expats are keen on decorating and furnishing to warm up their space whether for the festive season or all year-round.

Upon renting a new apartment or house in Tunisia, do you redesign your accommodation to suit your taste? Are your choices influenced by price, climate, etc…?

Have you brought any interior decoration items from your home country or did you consider buying any once in Tunisia?

As an expat in Tunisia do you find it worthy to invest in home decor? Could you share what you have bought and perhaps some interesting places to shop for home decor?

How would you describe the local style of decoration? Have you picked up any item which reflects the local style?

Would you be inspired by the festive season to decorate and add a festive touch to your living space?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hi there,

Interesting topic because I'm at a loss on this subject. I relocated in Tunisia to a newly built rental apartment and can't damage the walls which are masonary. The place is very White. I bought some large plants that help, but it needs more. I thought of using easels to stand away from the walls, but wondering if there are any other ideas. Any attached decorations must be left if I leave the apartment according to my lease.

Thanks, Gary

Blue tack and fabric? 🤷‍♀️

Thanks, I'll give it a try