Thinking about Santa Rosa in Stan Creek

Hi
I am contemplating a home purchase in Santa Rosa, Stan Creek.  I visited and stayed in the vicinity for 2 weeks which to me was not enough time. Can anyone who knows the area please share what you know about Santa Rosa specifically. It rained heavily when I was there and the drainage in many areas seemed poorly. I want to know specifically about land values for lots around 10k square feet and whether utility services (and Internet) have major problems there.

Sorry, I'm in a different district.

I agree that is not long enough, particularly if you plan on buying. You probably need to do that a few more times in different areas to ensure you are where you really want to be. There are some pretty significant geographical differences in this small country.
We have property in the Middlesex area of Stann Creek. It rains almost everyday there-not all day usually, but some rain everyday. We are in the hills so no drainage issues. Santa Rosa is close to the Toledo border, so it will rain a lot there, it is the rainforest.
As for property values, it will depend on where you are. That is not a huge lot-1/4 acre. Is it in a 'development'?  There are always issues with infrastructure reliability in Belize. Being on the Southern Highway, I don't believe there is fiber-optic cable yet.
Read other threads here about buying, use a licensed attorney if you buy.
Good Luck.

if you are considering some where less remote than Santa Rosa, look at
newly approved small developments on the Hopkins road. just three miles from the sea.  a new 40ft x 20ft menonite hardwood house,  raised sufficiently to use the ground floor for further development  ,  internal layout to suit,about US$100,000 .  ready to furnish

I also like Hopkins especially since the roads got mended

We love the area around Hopkins, Silk Grass, the Sittee River, but if you are looking for property in that area, stay away from "The Sanctuary", "The Reserve" and "Buy Belize".

Hi Gary,
             the attractions of Hopkins go far beyond the new roads.(  be careful which side you drive on, it can be very confusing)    there is a profusion of good village stores, a medical clinic, a  range of restaurants, an improving bus service, internet services now have competition, and improve daily.  cable television etc. Beach property is expensive,but sites on the back roads, and the road into Hopkins are very reasonable .

If you want check out Cayo. We live in Bullet Tree Falls and it has been awesome here. We unfortunately have to move back to the states and have just listed our home. We live along the Mopan below the falls. Listing is with Macarena Rose if you would like to look. Cheers