Obtaining a Work Tier 2 Sponsorship/Visa in the UK

I've looked on the gov.uk website searching the numerous amounts of companies that sponsor work tier 2, but it is in a pdf format and the list just goes on and on. And i don't even know which one would be right for me. Is there is easier way in finding a suitable job that would accept an american that did not graduate from a college?

When I mean a suitable job, I am talking about a company that would be open to training new employees that are at an entry level experience that come from a different country. I have been doing some researching on google and all I see is websites mentioning how an international graduate student can obtain a visa to the UK.

Is it just impossible for an american that doesn't have a degree to move abroad to the UK with a work tier 2 visa? Or if any company in the UK would be willing to hire a non-graduate american? Or Is it based on the skills that an american worker have gained from their work experience that would make them suitable for a job in the UK to be hired?

If you need me to be more specific in what I am talking about, just ask so I can clarify.

Please read this carefully and try your best to give advice that I don't already know.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It's a little bit more complicated than you think.  First off you will only get a work permit for certain specific jobs/trades where there is a shortage in the UK; there is a list of these on the UK Gov website - this link will take you there.  So, assuming you qualify in that list, you then need to find a job with a company (from the list you have already found) that will offer you a job and sponsor your work permit application.  Incidentally, that list you referred to can be searched, or even moved into a spreadsheet to make searching easier (I just tried it).

To be frank, as it stands today and as you've described your wishes, background and qualifications, you have no chance of getting a UK work permit.  My advice would be to go back to school and get the qualifications you need in order to qualify for one of the jobs on the shortage occupation list.

A word of warning; there are people who browse the internet looking for people such as yourself, will promise you a job etc; they are scammers, they will take your money and be gone.  Please be careful.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team