Hi 👋🏽 baby birth certificate and passport in Egypt

Hi every one , I'm egyptian married to  dutch citizen and we are waiting our first baby soon , I'm going to give birth in Egypt , but as I'm married to dutch so the baby is going to be Dutch , any body here can help me with the procedures that will be needed to  make the baby birth certificate and passport in Egypt? would be very helpful if somebody went through the same experience

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Procedurally, it will be easier for your baby to travel to the Netherlands on its Egyptian passport, then apply for its Dutch passport after you get back here.

There are no benefits in applying for a Dutch passport overseas.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

p.s. just had 2nd thoughts; get your husband to speak to the IND and see what they recommend.

Hi cynic , and thanks for replying ,  actually I  can't apply for the baby for egyptian passport now according to the Egyptian law beacause the baby carry the father's nationality, but thanks for the advice we will contact the IND

Maybe you get better replies if you ask this on the Egyptian forum.

Just to be curious: is your spouse in Egypt or in the Netherlands?

Hi again.

According to Wikipedia, this is no longer the case; the law was changed this year; you can pass your nationality onto your children.  I don't normally rely on Wikipedia for such matters, but as it's new and potentially relevant, you should check.

If you can't do this, then this link will help you apply for a Dutch passport for your baby.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team