Relocate from Thailand to The Philippines

hello everybody,
i am John from the Netherlands and i live in Thailand.
i am single, retired and 60 of age.
I have serious thoughts about relocating from Thailand to the Philippines.
One of the reasons is i not feel the joy anymore, because changing rules, lots of documents for getting a visa, wich is never the same. They always find reasons for another document to bring in.
Also the 90 days rule and if i visit someone for a few days i need to report this at immigration when i come back in my city.
For some years ago, it was relaxing, but everything is changing, also for the Thai people, in a negative way.

I hear and read about the Philippines and as far as i know, its in many ways a lot easier.
I likea climate not too hot and maybe Cagayan d' Oro is an option?
For some years ago i went to Angeles city are, because an old friend of me have a house there and suggested we could look around there.
For me it wasn' t the place to be.
I like a quiet area, maybe just outside the city.
Few questions and i hope you are willingly to help me bit.
Is it easy to get a bankaccount?
how the visa system work?
meaning, How can i become a visa for a year, if they have, without having a wife.
If have more suggestions do't hesitate to share.

Thanks in advance

I moved from Thailand - Chiang Rai - 1 year ago.  I am quite happy that I did. Visa much easier - I am single. I live in Ormoc and it is great. I don't miss anything about Thailand.

sounds good.
when you do not miss Thailand at all, then you have found a very good alternative in Ormoc

hi , u can apply SRRV  as permant residence here in the philippines . it can be done in 1 month

@ Powder1 & Lovebudi,

Welcome to the Philippines!  Over the past 10+ months, there has been a few posts on the SRRV here.  It is worth your while to view topics like "SRRV and residency requirement." to get a better grip on the SRRV process.  The actual time for the SRRV is ~ 22 days, once all requirements have been gathered/submitted to PRA.  There are persons offering fee based assistance and although some may wish to employ such assistance, be aware that your total costs and deposit amounts could be greatly "enhanced" (i.e., made larger) by such actions.  There are many different SRRV options with related higher/lower fees.  You need to understand this before any non-PRA agency assistance is considered.  Best wishes.

I too lived in Thailand for 1 1/2 years.  May I suggest,,,,as it sounds like you are flexible...that you just stay here first on a tourist visa with extensions.  It runs about $600 a year in fees and you can stay for 36 months. You can always extend for two months and twice for six months.  The process compared to Thailand is much much simpler and they treat you with respect...no comparison.  SRRV is always an option down the road.

May I also suggest moving about to different places before settling on a permanent place.  Yes you may have added costs by needing to rent furnished places or staying in long stay hotels....but the upside is you really get to find the right place for you as the Philippines is a very diverse place.  Have you looked into Vietnam?

dear Calif-Native,
thanks for the warning.
Really appreciated.
I will start reading about it.
How to find out if an agency is really qualified?

thank you very much for your advice.
Till now i have no clue about  the visas in the Phills, but from what i know its a lot easier.
Good idea to start with a tourist visa and travel around a bit.
your advice is much apreciated.

Powder1 wrote:

How to find out if an agency is really qualified?

Learn as much as you can prior to a PRA visit.  If the person wishing to collect money is not seated within the PRA office in Makati (as an employee of PRA), lower your expectations of not getting scammed and or overcharged.  Remember, the SRRV is only one type of visa offered here and is the most desired by expats with a long stay concept if they are not married (albeit at a higher investment/cost). 

You can do a search here in expat on "SRRV", "Visa types", etc. to get good free info.  If the above fails to get you some answers, try the Philippine government at:  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa … ident-visa

Please understand that no matter where you get info, you need to confirm the accuracy with latest official updates.  Laws/requirements here can change without much notice.  Best wishes in your research.

I have don some reading and i decided,  i will use a tourist visa and extend, when i have found a place to settle, well i will decide whats the best to do.
Thanks for your help.
Take care

Powder1 wrote:

I have don some reading and i decided,  i will use a tourist visa and extend, when i have found a place to settle, well i will decide whats the best to do.
Thanks for your help.
Take care

A PRA authorized representative will not ask you for payment for their services. Their fee is paid by the PRA through your $1400 dollar fee paid to the PRA at their office.  Makati is where I paid mine.

This link to the PRA website provides a partial list of authorized representatives.

https://pra.gov.ph/marketers-agents/

Regards

Powder1 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Take care

A PRA authorized representative will not ask you for payment for their services. Their fee is paid by the PRA through your $1400 dollar fee paid to the PRA at their office.  Makati is where I paid mine.

This link to the PRA website provides a partial list of authorized representatives.

https://pra.gov.ph/marketers-agents/

Regards