Folktales and legends in Sweden

Hello everyone,

Time to spark your imagination! Below is a list of questions to pique your interest in folktales and legends associated with Sweden.

1. Name 3 popular legends that have been passed down from generation to generation in Sweden.
2. Name 2 famous legendary, heroic characters part of Swedish folklore.
3. Which are the villains which feature in local folktales?
4. Have any legends/folktales led to common superstitious beliefs or practices observed today in Sweden?
5. Have you come across any folktale with a message which has struck you as interesting?

Thanks for participating,
Diksha

There are many legends and heroic characters from Viking gods and four of them are still in business for instance today's day calls after one of the most powerful of them "Thor" Thor's day-torsdag. Dag means day.

Yesterday Wednesday is called after "Oden" Oden's day- Onsdag.

Tomorrow Friday is called after "Frigg" Oden's wife who cheated on him all the time, Frigg's day-fredag. Some also say it's after another one who calls "Frej".

Tuesday is called after "Tyr" Tyr's day-tisdag.

I personally had no interest at all about these gods but I learned about weekdays when I started to learn Swedish for long time ago and according to what I have heard these gods fight with each other and cheat on each other all the time, one time a hero and another time a villain and so on.