Email from TransferWise

I assume that individual transfers will still be OK - I haven't followed up or asked -  but I received this email today. 

Hello,

We're getting in touch because you've sent Vietnamese Dong (VND) to a business in Vietnam.

Unfortunately, some business transfers to VND haven't met our high standards of service. They're not as fast or efficient as they should be. Because of that, we've decided to stop offering them.

You can still send VND to businesses in Vietnam until 30th November. But after that, you'll no longer be able to do this with TransferWise.

We're sorry we haven't been able to make things work this time. If we find a better way to make these transfers, we'll let you know. But we have no plans for the near future.

If you've got any questions, please just ask. We're happy to help.

Thanks,
The TransferWise Team

I am not sure and never did it into VND, But I still prefer to use TransferWise in Europ USA and some other countries like Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong and still working smoothly.

SteinNebraska wrote:

I assume that individual transfers will still be OK - I haven't followed up or asked -  but I received this email today. 

Hello,

We're getting in touch because you've sent Vietnamese Dong (VND) to a business in Vietnam.

Unfortunately, some business transfers to VND haven't met our high standards of service. They're not as fast or efficient as they should be. Because of that, we've decided to stop offering them.

You can still send VND to businesses in Vietnam until 30th November. But after that, you'll no longer be able to do this with TransferWise.

We're sorry we haven't been able to make things work this time. If we find a better way to make these transfers, we'll let you know. But we have no plans for the near future.

Thanks,
The TransferWise Team

I just transferred money to my Vietnamese bank account for testing.
Let's see if I also receive an email or if this only concerns money transfers to companies. Although companies also have a bank account behind them.
If that were true, it would be a bad testimony for the Vietnamese banking system.

Could this email also be phishing?

Update:
The money has arrived at my Vietnamese bank.
TransferWise sent the usual confirmation emails. Nothing similar to what you received (so far).

AkaMaverick wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
The TransferWise Team

Let's see if I also receive an email or if this only concerns money transfers to companies. Although companies also have a bank account behind them.
If that were true, it would be a bad testimony for the Vietnamese banking system.

Update:
TransferWise sent the usual confirmation emails. Nothing similar to what you received (so far).

If we open company account  for business then we must submit the Business registration

Contem talk wrote:
AkaMaverick wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
The TransferWise Team

Update:

If we open company account  for business then we must submit the Business registration

Okay, I get it.
Apparently, it's all about TransferWise business accounts.

AkaMaverick wrote:

Okay, I get it.
Apparently, it's all about TransferWise business accounts.

I think so.  I just thought it was odd.  I can see in a business situation if it takes one day or four it could be a problem in delaying a payment or shipment.