Printing in HCMC

I am travelling to Saigon in March 2020 and rather than bring or rely on my hosts to print reams of notes I thought I could get it done there ... can anyone suggest a printing company - just plain printing from a PDF is all I am after - some could be bound and some would be single sheets.

karenrankin wrote:

I am travelling to Saigon in March 2020 and rather than bring or rely on my hosts to print reams of notes I thought I could get it done there ... can anyone suggest a printing company - just plain printing from a PDF is all I am after - some could be bound and some would be single sheets.

There are copy shops at every corner that also print from a USB memory stick.
You can also buy a laser printer for 2 million dong.

What Maverick says above.  You will see many signs o the street that say COPY or PHOTO COPY outside of small shops.  Prices are very reasonable and they do it while you wait.  They are literally everywhere.

SteinNebraska wrote:

What Maverick says above.  You will see many signs o the street that say COPY or PHOTO COPY outside of small shops.  Prices are very reasonable and they do it while you wait.  They are literally everywhere.

Very reasonable is an understatement. Prints are dirt cheap. Also color printing. Also photo printing, passport photos, all good and cheap. One of the big bargains here, along with prescription eyeglasses.

If when you arrive you don't find a place close, ask the forum again. Around colleges especially there are clusters of shops.

gobot wrote:

One of the big bargains here, along with prescription eyeglasses.

We just got eyeglasses for my wife's 13 year old daughter.  They had eye tests at school and she was told she needed them.  I didn't know until she came home from school and told me.

The eye exam and two pair of glasses was only 1,000,000.  I can't vouch for the quality but my gut tells me they help.  When a person gets them for the first time in their life they tend to not use them all of the time because it's new or uncomfortable or aren't "really helping".  I've worn them since age 10.  She worn them non-stop since day one so they must be helping a lot.

SteinNebraska wrote:
gobot wrote:

One of the big bargains here, along with prescription eyeglasses.

We just got eyeglasses for my wife's 13 year old daughter.  They had eye tests at school and she was told she needed them.  I didn't know until she came home from school and told me.

The eye exam and two pair of glasses was only 1,000,000.  I can't vouch for the quality but my gut tells me they help.  When a person gets them for the first time in their life they tend to not use them all of the time because it's new or uncomfortable or aren't "really helping".  I've worn them since age 10.  She worn them non-stop since day one so they must be helping a lot.

... or she feels especially stylish in them