Visa for over 60s

Hi been living in hurghada now for a year in April 2020. Have visa until 19th April but have lived for 1 year here without returning to uk, on the 5th April. People keep telling me I have to leave the country for 1 day after 1 year but to me this sounds ridiculous as my visa will not be up and then i shall have to get a re entry visa on return.
Also,I am now 62 and people are saying that you dont need a visa after 60 y.o.a and can stay in Egypt as long as you want. I have written to all government officials in Egypt and even to John Kenny at the British Consulate Hurghada via his Facebook page where he says he welcomes questions, but havent received a reply from anyone. If anyone here has the correct information (not just chinese whispers or hearsay) then please reply to this message. T.I.A

Information keeps changing, and no two people's cases are alike.
Even the embassies can't give a direct answer.  Before, anyone over 60 would not require a visa when they need to leave.  In some cases, they do. There's a forum on Facebook that can provide answers to anything you need to know regarding these specific questions if you have facebook. Albeit, they're not in the habit of repeating themselves because people keep asking haha.

I would contact your Embassy in Cairo. I still have to get an entry and exit visa even though I have lived here for 14 years and have been married to an Egyptian for nearly 12 years.

Hi, I just renewed mine a few months ago.  Over 60.  The embassies don't always know.  I just went to the Passport, Emmigration and Nationality Administration.  New procedures are in place.

Good luck.  Everything changes.

Salaam, everyone

I am over 60 and how do you apply for the over 60 visa in the USA.

There is talk stating you must have a few shots to come to come to Egypt now one is for rabid dogs?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi all
This a reply for all visa queries in Egypt
You can get answers to your questions by contacting the "egyptianimmigration.com.eg"

Best of luck

There is no such website "egyptianimmigration.com.eg". I have also tried starting with "www" and with different endings like ".co.eg", ".com", etc. No luck. Even Google search on "egyptianimmigration" does not deliver any useful results.

Are you sure about your recommendation?

Hi
I'm really sorry that didn't work for you
Please try the address below instead

www.egyptimmigration.org ? conta...
Contact us - Egypt eVisa
In Egypt · Address: Cornich El Nile, Ramelt Beaulac, North Tower, Nile City Towers, 22nd Floor, Cairo, 11624. · Tel :  1 917 397 7487 ...

I hope you find it useful
Best of luck
Regards
Mo

Okay, thank you, this address works now.

Just to avoid confusion, here is something copied from the "About us" section of this website:
"Egypt Immigration Services Limited is a commercial website. We are not the Embassy/Consulate or the representative of Egypt Government."

I have not found any information about the subject "Visa for over 60s" on the above website. But perhaps I have overlooked it. So I am grateful for any hint leading to this information, thank you.

Best regards,
Friedrich

@Shellybelly
Hi
I have just seen your post about Egypt Visas for over 60. Did you ever have any luck with a definitive answer or online information. Did ANYONE have any luck with a definitive answer or online information.

I am a property owner and 65 now and having to leave the country every year. This means locking up the apartment where we have lived for thirteen years, putting our dog in kennels, flying to Turkey, flying back, covid tests and new visa application payment every year. It is very tiring and inconvenient and seems pointless.

Thanks
@moesslacher
Hi
Did you ever have any luck with a reply or reliable information from any government source about this matter?
Thank you
@kerry96

I just have the experience that I was once sent to the immigration office at Cairo airport because the lady at the passport control said that my visa was expired and I had to pay a fine. I went there and explained that I thought there was no expiration if one was over 60. The guy looked at me, checked my birthdate in the passport and said it was my fault because I just look like 50... ;-)
To make a long story short: I didn't have to pay anything and the lady at the passport check apologized with a smile after she had also checked my birthdate...
The answer is that officially everyone needs a visa. However once over the age of 60 overstay fees will be waived. So you'll need to purchase a visa to enter but won't be charged if you overstay. However you could have a problem with your mobile phone provider without a valid visa, obtaining driving license, etc.
There is a big difference between don't need and no action taken if you don't have. Hope this helps x

@moesslacher did you apply a visa or just s stamp?

Actually now  i am more confused
@kerry96 How did you buy your property? I am trying for months to contact real estate agents in Egypt, no one answers my emails.
Is it a nightmare to buy an apartment in Egypt or I have just no luck?
@Garneta De Nuweiba

The procedure is when you arrive at Cairo airport (probably also valid for other airports in Egypt) and if you are an EU-citizen (other nationalities please check with your embassy):
- buy a 25 USD sticker at a bank counter in the airport before you go to passport control (DON'T stick it in your passport yourself!)
- go with passport, filled-in immigration card and visa sticker to passport control
- the officer will put the sticker into your passport and stamp it
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Friedrich
@traceydsaunders
There is also a difference between overstay fees and outstanding visa charge. Over 60 may not get fined for overstaying but they can still make you 'backpay' for any visas you should have had. As you say, you need a visa to stay in Egypt. You may get away with it for years but you can have problems at bank, making a police report, satellite tv provider, internet, mobile phone or car, since these are now all linked to your visa. In some areas the police do regular door to door checks on ex pats. They will usually catch up with you when you next leave the country and it can be an unpleasant surprise financially.
@Norce I had already moved to Egypt and basically emailed a couple of agents here. The service was OK but there is no such thing as a survey and we found a number of problems later.

Main thing I have learned is that if you buy in a compound you are committed to pay maintenance every month even if you are not there but the management do not accept any real responsibility to do anything in return. Our maintenance charges have doubled in the last 3 years and increased by nearly 400% since we purchased. However they have you over a barrel because if you don't pay the maintenance they cut of your water and electricity. Management do not paint or maintain the exteriors and if you live in a block you will have to get everyone in the block to repaint or there is no point.

One compound near us sold all there apartments with a one off payment that covered maintenance for life - great except that after a few years they had spent it all and now residents have to pay monthly as well.

The view and conditions are not guaranteed either. When we purchased we had a beautiful view of mountains behind and Red Sea to the front. Now we are surrounded by concrete apartments 1 - 2 floors higher than us. Our view is gone, destroyed, replaced by concrete. These buildings are now occupied by hotel workers, sometimes 2, 4, or even 6 to an apartment. Children run around screaming in the early hours, people shout at night and leave doors open with TV playing at all hours, even 2, 3, and 4am in the morning.

I cannot really advise on an agent but I can ask one to contact you.

I am not trying to put you off buying here but you need to do a lot of research and accept that you are buying into a commitment and accept that what you buy is not always what you get and can change with you having no control.
@Shellybelly

Over 60s do not have to pay a fine when they exit Egypt with expired visa.

However, mobile phone companies may cut service when visas expire.

Expats can apply for resident visas at Hurghada visa office. You need an Egypt rent contract or proof of property ownership.

Good luck.
@kerry96

You can renew your resident visa. You need an Egypt rent contract or proof of residential property ownership and 2 new passport photo's,  photocopies of passport and copies of old visa plus a completed application form.

Hurghada office is very efficient. Last year took 2 months to wait, recent renewal only took 10 days.

Good luck.

@moesslacher yes this is a business selling visas for egyot but you end up paying much more than if you just went to the official Egyptian visa website. Don't be fooled by them, thyre page looks very official and similar to the Egyptian one. Be warned!

@Miranda4 Thank you for the warning. Actually I had the same impression and never used their services. For me getting my tourist visa sticker on arrival works well and I don't need anything else. But of course many other nationalities need a different, more complex process. What I have noticed in the past 12 - 24 months that many countries change their visa systems and move to very efficient, straight forward electronic application systems. Links to it should be followed only if on the official website of the country!