Moving to Pennsylvania with teenagers

Hi,
We are thinking of making the move from France to the suburbs of Philadelphia.  My husbands work is in Philadelphia, but I would prefer to live in the suburbs with the kids and dogs.
I am really looking for some advice on areas and schools.  My girls are 14 and 15.  I am mostly nervous of moving the girls and putting them in school over there.  So any advice would be very gratefully received!
Also any clubs for sports for them and ways that I can meet other people.
Thank you so much!

Your address will determine your school district and which public schools will be assigned to your children for free.  Private schools and the tuition involved are a whole other subject.  Will you be using public transportation or do you intend to get PA driver's licenses and vehicles?

Set your browser on English.

Pull up Google maps and take a look at your husband's work location and commute to the suburbs. An hour one way is nothing unusual.

You can always homeschool if you are too nervous to send your children to school. A lot depends on how long you anticipate to stay. As already mentioned - public school enrollment is driven by residence address. Do not trust realtors/landlords to give correct answers! Contact Philly school district about enrollment requirements, testing and transportation. Expect fees and requirements for school related activities from sports to trips.