Transporting my senior large dog

Greetings all,
I am contemplating relocating to Guanajuato, Mexico within the next year. I have a lovely senior larger dog and I'm not sure how to best move him. I am a little nervous about driving solo from Northern California to Guanajuato. I would rather fly and maybe have my boy safely transported and avoid the drama and risks of a cargo flight. Perhaps there are other options. If anyone has some ideas, I would really appreciate it greatly.

Welcome,
Picara,

Sorry to say unless you know someone who is willing to transport your dog, I have no answers other than fly him down. I understand your concern about that because there have been problems with transporting pets on planes, I also know how stressful driving into Mexico can be.

Is there someone who might have a similar problem who you can share the trip with? This website  might be of some help  https://www.petshipping.com/home-en-us/ … 2rEALw_wcB

Rules about taking pets to Mexico  https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/i … -to-mexicohttps://www.mexperience.com/on-importin … to-mexico/

Hope one of these sources can help.

Thank you, Travelight! Obviously, I need to further delve into options. Flying is not an option  for my boy because he is a Boxer and there is much risk due to his short snout. I so appreciate your solid suggestions!
Saludos,
Picara

So then driving is your method.  See if someone would be interesting in coming along with you so you aren't traveling alone your big dog guy.  Lots of people might want to get a free trip to Guanajuato.

Thank you Markenzee! I would love for someone to accompany me in an SUV. I only have a bug. I will have to unload it. Because it will be no use to me in Mexico.

We drive from US to Mexico because we have 2 shepherds.  We hire a lady from Mexico that meets us in Laredo, TX and drives us to Cancun.  She is a good driver and we feel very safe with her.  It is 3 - 4 days from Laredo to Cancun.

Hi there Cheri!
I would certainly like to know the name of the lady and make contact with her.
Thank you so much.
Anita

Hi!  Her name is Reyna, phone number is ***.  Have fun bringing your dog to Mexico.  We live in Cancun and our dogs love being here with us.  We have made the drive 3 times now and will do it again in May.  Take care!

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please share contact details through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Cheri, again,
Sorry to be a pest but I was wondering if you could possibly provide me with more information about the actual transportation of your pets? Namely, what are they traveling in and about how long does it take to have them taken to Cancun?  Is she the only one transporting them or does she have another driver with her? If you wanted could she have actually driven you to Cancun along with the dogs?And finally, how did you find her?
So appreciative,
Anita

The reason I have so many questions is because my boy has separation anxiety. As soon as he thinks I'm leaving the house he freaks out. For this reason, I have to crate him each and every time I leave Or take him to doggy day care.I'm just not sure if this is going to be a possibility.
😁🐾💕
Anita

Hello.  Yes we rode with Reyna and our digs.  We drove our Santa Fe and they ride in the back area.  We take their food and bottles of water.  They lay on their mats and love the ride.  It takes about 3-4 days from Laredo which is where we cross, to Cancun.  Take some snacks and chocolate to enjoy.  There are a number of pet friendly hotels along the way.  The ride is long but exciting to see the country.   Have fun on the trip.

Reyna drives your car. You just get to ride and see the country.  She is a lovely lady.

Awesome, Cheri!
Excellent info for which I am very grateful!
Happy holidays!
Saludos,
Anita 🐾💕🐾

Hi Cheri,
I hope this email finds you well. Unfortunately I misplaced Reyna's phone number. If you could possibly send that to me via my personal email that would be wonderful. Before I send it to you I just wanna verify that you are still on the site. Thank you so much. Anita