Temporary Residence + Work Contract Visa

Hello,

Has anyone completed immigration to Brazil for work governed by an employment contract in Brazil (RN 02)? My understanding is that this type of visa requires that, beforehand, the company willing to hire in Brazil must file a petition for temporary residency at the Ministry of Labor – Ministério do Trabalho.

Has anyone done this recently? How long has it typically taken for the Ministry of Labor to approve? My application was submitted in October. Most sources say it will take 30-45 days (some say working days, some don't). I'm trying to see if I can expect it will be decided before Christmas. Any guidance from recent applicants on their experience would be awesome to hear - thanks!

Brazilian agencies generally work on a business day, not a calendar day, basis.  Unfortunately, November and December have a lot of holidays, which decreases the number of available days that much more.

Christmas may be tight; if your employer is  actively pushing it that may help, but it could backfire, too.

As abthree stated it difficult to get things through in December. When working in our Rio office we always had issues with permits, labor and contracts.
It seem liked since so many went on vacation it was a ghost town and void in the processes.. We always were working on next year budget and with knowing when we would act, it was futile

Ok, thanks for the notes. 30 business days after the application was submitted is Dec 5 so I was curious if anyone had recent experience with the timeline. On the other hand, 45 business days is late December so I'm sure it won't come through until after the holidays then.

I guess the only thing I can do is hope it's on the shorter side of the 30-45 business day range. If anyone is interested in processing time, I'll reply back with how long it ends up taking :)

kbischoff12 wrote:

Ok, thanks for the notes. 30 business days after the application was submitted is Dec 5 so I was curious if anyone had recent experience with the timeline. On the other hand, 45 business days is late December so I'm sure it won't come through until after the holidays then.

I guess the only thing I can do is hope it's on the shorter side of the 30-45 business day range. If anyone is interested in processing time, I'll reply back with how long it ends up taking :)

By this month´s end (Nov) the Paulistas mind is already at the beach. You should anticipate that and if you don´t receive any notice by Dec 15 you should go on a holiday yourself and expect the results on the first or second week of January. :D

Please update on your results.

Welcome to Brazil!

For anyone curious who may be applying for an RN 02 immigration visa, my residence visa was approved in Brazil by the Ministry of Justice after ~20 business days so it came through quicker than the guidelines in my experience. Then, it was another 5 business days at my local Brazilian consulate. I did have a Brazilian firm hired by my employer to support so that could have helped. Overall, I was fortunate to get it completed before the holidays! :)

Fantastic -- congratulations!

kbischoff12 wrote:

For anyone curious who may be applying for an RN 02 immigration visa, my residence visa was approved in Brazil by the Ministry of Justice after ~20 business days so it came through quicker than the guidelines in my experience. Then, it was another 5 business days at my local Brazilian consulate. I did have a Brazilian firm hired by my employer to support so that could have helped. Overall, I was fortunate to get it completed before the holidays! :)

Merry X´Mas, Happy New Year etc...  :cheers:

Yep, to all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.