Amazon . Com Brasil

Anyone Ordered from these folks.
Please Relay the Clint Eastwood side "The Good,The Bad,The Uggglly.......

Thanks in Advance....Retired and Shop ......

Hey, Grizz!

I was (and am) Amazon Prime in the US, so it's not surprising  that I use them a lot, and like them.  They just started up Prime here, and I joined that, too.

The good:  selection and variety are growing.   They started out just books, and are working hard to become the Store for Everything in Brazil, too.   Not there yet, but coming on fast.
Prices are pretty good, compared to local stores here.
Customer Service is not at Amazon US levels, but the spirit is there, and they're making progress.  We had a package go astray, and they were quick to respond.
No (read "few") problems with US credit cards.
It's like Amazon US was when they first expanded out of books, and experiencing growing pains, but learning fast.
The bad:  you need a separate Amazon.co.br account, and can't sync with your US account.   This is an annoyance with digital stuff:  I have a US Kindle and a BR Kindle to access all my books; I have to keep my phone registered to my US account to access my US music.
Selection can still be spotty.
The ugly:  LOGISTICS!  This is a Brazil problem,  not just an Amazon problem.   Freight costs are high, and make a lot of offers not worth it.  Deliveries here take about a month - unlike Amazonas, Bahia has highway connections to the rest of the country so it may be better for you, but "free two day delivery "is still an American Dream. 
As mentioned above, though, Prime is brand new here, and they're already introducing more and more free shipping.   Amazon being Amazon, I wouldn't count them out on improving delivery times, either.  Not for now, though.

Good Morning,

I used them last week for the First time to buy a water filter. I have always used Amazon in the US, first time in Brazil. Did a prime 30 day Trial. I will stick with Amazon.com instead of the other sites as i am way used to them than local Brazilian E commerce.

Try the 30 day free Prime and see how it goes.

GOOD.
Price for the Water filter was R124 for new unit on Amazon with Free Shipping.  Prices at the store was R199 and bests price on Mercado Livre was R$159

Shipping arrived 2 days earlier than scheduled. Was delivered on a sunday with Loggi. Which i thought was pretty cool.

Amazon.com.br accepts US Debit Cards as payment on their site.

Seems you have the same process and Amazon US policy of accepting returns and issuing refunds quickly for any issue (always taking the buyers side)

BAD.
For some other items, their pricing was higher than other online sites.

There Out....end of story, easier to fly to Miami shop,and call it a day....

Alascana wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, to be rich and young!   Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  :top:

abthree wrote:
Alascana wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, to be rich and young!   Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  :top:

There Out of Here...Out,Out,Out....Bottom of the 9th. And the "Mighty Grizz @ bat....it's "Out" of the park...lol