DUAL CITIZEN

G'day,

Sorry if this has already been asked, I tried finding something like this in all the threads but got no luck!

My name's Chiara, I am an Aussie from Western Australia, and I'm also a Registered Nurse who somehow landed a sweet job with the NHS in Scotland. :-)

I'm a dual citizen (Australian/Italian), I've been told by my future employer to come in on my Australian Passport as I was born in Australia (plus I'm flying from Australia to the UK).

I've seen that a lot of people have had trouble getting a bank account in order as a non UK/EU person so I guess my question is: even though I am coming in to the UK with my Aussie passport, can I use my Italian passport to open up a bank account as an EU citizen? Or is that just majorly shady and probs shouldn't?

Second question to that and a complete 180 to the first: Would it be better to travel Europe with my Aussie passport or my Italian passport?

Cheers,
Chiara

Hi Chiara,

Normally you should only use your Australian passport to go to Australia. But with Brexit, it is true that everything is turned upside down. There may be a problem of work permit / residence visa that will change. Maybe an Australian will be more easily engaged than an Italian.

For all other situations, in Europe and for banking / administrative procedures, use your Italian passport.

Awesome cheers for that!! 😄👌🏽