Self Employment

Hello, is there anyone who had worked as a freelancer in their own country before moving to Brussels and is still working as a freelancer now in Brussels?
Many, I guess. How did the transition happened?

I'm an italian freelancer currently working in Italy with my Partita Iva (VAT number) in the language services domain (teaching, interpretation etc.)

As soon as it'll be all settled in Brussels, I'll need to register at "la commune" and start working with belgian clients/schools.

So my question is: is it possible to keep my Italian fiscal position (partita Iva) and therefore keep paying taxes in Italy or do I need to close my italian VAT number and fiscal position before leaving and then register as a belgian freelancer with the appropriate belgian fiscal position, thus paying taxes in Belgium?

Thank you in advance to those who can share their experience and help me out! :)

N

It depends who'll be your "employer": I mean your own company in Italia that send you "on a mission in Belgian" or a Belgian company that you create here...

You should probably talk with an accountant to optimize tax and to know what you can do and what you can't!

Numinous wrote:

Hello, is there anyone who had worked as a freelancer in their own country before moving to Brussels and is still working as a freelancer now in Brussels?

I'm an italian freelancer currently working in Italy with my Partita Iva (VAT number) in the language services domain (teaching, interpretation etc.)

As soon as it'll be all settled in Brussels, I'll need to register at "la commune" and start working with belgian clients/schools.

So my question is: is it possible to keep my Italian fiscal position (partita Iva) and therefore keep paying taxes in Italy or do I need to close my italian VAT number and fiscal position before leaving and then register as a belgian freelancer with the appropriate belgian fiscal position, thus paying taxes in Belgium?

Thank you in advance to those who can share their experience and help me out! :)

N

Hi,

Regarding your question, the answer is easy. This will depend on where you are going to put your tax home. If you officially settle in Belgium, you will have to declare your income to the Belgian state. Whether these revenues are generated in Belgium or abroad. The most advantageous financial financing is to take a Belgian tax number and also keep Italian. As this you will be able to balance the revenues on the two commercial entities ...

:cheers:

There are also other solutions in perfect agreement with the European legislation ... It's up to you to look for ...

Thank you Alex! I will indeed talk with an accountant as you suggest :)

phipiemar wrote:
Numinous wrote:

N

Hi,

Regarding your question, the answer is easy. This will depend on where you are going to put your tax home. If you officially settle in Belgium, you will have to declare your income to the Belgian state. Whether these revenues are generated in Belgium or abroad. The most advantageous financial financing is to take a Belgian tax number and also keep Italian. As this you will be able to balance the revenues on the two commercial entities ...

:cheers:

Hi, I have R E A D
and also tried to look for the answer on the topic, but I couldn't find the dozens of answers you're talking about, that's why I asked.
I just wanted to check if anybody had to face the same situation but.. better to read that my question is SO easy that it depends on several aspects.

bet you aren't a newcomer, and you had the time to forget how to be welcoming.

All the best if for once you are one of those who really seek. You do not even imagine the number of times people arrive and then ask just one question and then disappear permanently.

Then as I mentioned, 99% of the questions have already been answered. You had the chance to fall into the missing 1%. Congratulations !!!  :one

On the other hand, I am a former freelance who has owned tax addresses in several European countries. So I know the question very well.  :cool::cheers: