Ramadan this Year

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and would be interestd to know how busy Marrakech will be in August during Ramadan. I am looking to travel down over the summer to look at properties, but can only come over in the school holidays and now i have realised it will be Ramadan. Will the shops, restaurants etc still be open?

Also, are there any decent swimming pools open to the public, or will i have to pay to use one at a hotel.

Hi Lindy,

Welcome to Expat.com, I hope that you will soon get answers to your questions and that you will enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Harmonie.

hello ,
welcome to Marrakech im glad to help you with that , ramadan in Marrakech is perfect for touriste the restaurant still open and shops as well i work in a guest house in Marrakech  , so i know about restaurant and shops , if you need any quition  just contact me in : [email protected]
best regard
Hassan

hello ,
welcome to Marrakech im glad to help you with that , ramadan in Marrakech is perfect for touriste the restaurant still open and shops as well i work in a guest house in Marrakech  , so i know about restaurant and shops , if you need any quition  just contact me in : [email protected]
best regard
Hassan

Hi there
Socially speaking,life in ramadan takes annother rythm and it is always getting busy before sunset , gets very quiet during iftar (Means when all muslims go home to break their fast)But after and especially because it is summer, medina gets busy untill dawn.
But concerning non muslims and tourists , restaurants and cafés are open , also work and economical life goes on as all the other months of the year.Do not hesitate to ask for further questions.