Work Holiday Pass Invalid

Hi, I have an internship commencing soon on 15th December 2019 at a well-known company in Singapore. I applied for my Work Holiday Pass on 22nd October 2019. I'm currently studying full-time at UNSW, Australia which fits the requirements to apply for the visa. It's been 3 weeks and when I checked the status of my visa at https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU … yAction.do , it says "Pass Validity    : INVALID". Does it mean my WHP application been rejected and I need to re-apply or does it mean it's still in the process and that I should wait? If I submit my internship letter of acceptance will it help my visa application? I'm so worried since my internship will commence soon. Thanks in advance, any advice is welcomed!

You should reach out the customer service to know the status. You didn't tell us was there any different status earlier, after 3 weeks it's showing invalid? Nevertheless, reach out them to know the current status of your application.

FYI, there are maximum 2000 such passes to be granted in a particular period, not more than that. Good luck

Since there is a very limited number of WHP available, it is very difficult (and depends on luck) to get one.
If you want to have a predictable process, better apply for a Training Employment Pass (TEP) or Training Work Permit (TWP). If your internship is less than six weeks long and paid, or longer and not paid, you might also be allowed to attend on a visitor visa (SVP) - but ask ICA/MoM about this first!

The status before today was "pending". The MOM website is having maintenance and will reply all inquiries after 16th November and since my internship is starting in a month's time, I'm worried I wouldn't have enough time to reapply for the pass if I wait for their reply. But thanks for the reply.

I can't apply for Training Employment Pass or Training Work Permit since this internship is not part of my course requirements. The internship will last for 2 months tho but I will definitely check up on the Visitor Visa, thanks.

obsession_GD wrote:

Hi, I have an internship commencing soon on 15th December 2019 at a well-known company in Singapore. I applied for my Work Holiday Pass on 22nd October 2019. I'm currently studying full-time at UNSW, Australia which fits the requirements to apply for the visa. It's been 3 weeks and when I checked the status of my visa at https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU … yAction.do , it says "Pass Validity    : INVALID". Does it mean my WHP application been rejected and I need to re-apply or does it mean it's still in the process and that I should wait? If I submit my internship letter of acceptance will it help my visa application? I'm so worried since my internship will commence soon. Thanks in advance, any advice is welcomed!

It happens because you click on the wrong menu. The website says that because you do not have a WHP at the time that you requested the check. In other words, there is no validity because there is no card.  :)  You can only check the pass validity when the card is actually issued.

It does not relate to your application status. You will receive the result of your WHP application via email.  :D

How do you find your internship in Singapore from overseas?  :D

Hi guys, does anyone know a number that I can call other than the customer service? I applied for 3 weeks but have not received a decision. I also tried calling the customer service but fail to talk to anyone, I only can check my status with a machine...

But three weeks is far too early to start worrying!