Bringing personal mobile phones and currency into PH

Hi, I'm flying to cebu  i want to know if it's ok to bring my 2 personal mobile phones and I have 2 power banks under 100watt , I can't a straight answer online and the custom  decleration form online and on the customs PH website is the old one that still says no excess of 10,000 peso .   I have read and been told that the limit is now 50,000 peso to bring in and out but the customs PH have an  arival card on there website that still says 10,000 peso??? I'm thinking they are saving money to use the old cards but would that cause a confusions ??? I wish i could see the new arivale card.  My question is are we allowed to bring maximum 50k peso or 10k ? And what's the deal on personal items mentioned above. There is a question on the form also if there is electrical goods but I'm told if it's personal it's ok , only if your selling it then its big trouble or taxed or something?  Last time I went I forgot what I said but I had the same items as this time which is 2 personal mobile phones and 2 power banks ,and I did not have a problem last time but I like to know the rules just to be sure , please relieve me of my stress

Where are you coming from

Since 2015 I have never seen anyone at customs looking at anything! Once you give card to immigration person and do your fingerprint and picture it was straight to baggage claim and out the door

You should be fine passing through the "nothing to declare line" with your bag with electronics and cell phones if they´re for personal use.

You´re allowed $10,000 or equivalent in other currencies. PHP50,000 in other words is ok.

robal

Hi Jets and welcome to the forum, ask away and I'm sure there are plenty here that can offer advice/help.
I have lost count of the amount of times I have made the journey to Manila, always carry back PHP 6 to 8K (visa extensions at the airport, taxi to the hotel, food etc).
I also bring a couple of hundred Aussie dollars and sometimes a couple of hundred U.S. dollars.

Rules? Good luck there.

I always bring my iPhone, a MacBook Pro, a power bank, cordless electric shaver and a myriad of other paraphernalia in my carry on (some PHP 150 to 200K), check in luggage = as much as I can fit in the 25Kg allowance, please don't ask me to go there, all legal, no commercial or declarable items.
I fill out the customs dec and for the last 8 years have never had a problem, nor my better half frequently travelling back and forth.

Earlier this year we sent a 20 ft shipping container full to the doors and nary a question from customs because the paperwork was in order.
Worry not about 2 phones etc. I can rock up there with AU 9,999.00 and not declare, over that I will declare and as long as you can justify where the (how the money is in your possession) funds come from.

Relax and enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

They have strict rules for PESO , it was 10,000 then amended to 50,000 but the problem is half the world seem to think it's still 10,000 peso and also give random answers

You asked the brains trust and now question? Sorry we can't help with what you don't want to hear and with a differing opinion that seem to not know, you should go back to google or actually read the generous responses, (properly) not a very good retaliation for the welcomes and opinions proffered by members from a newbie and before you bite please re read your OP. I have never heard of your suggestion of a PHP 10K to 50K change. Where did you find/hear that info?

My understanding is PHP 10K max and there is no problem to bring PHP 1 million as long as you declare and can justify where that cash/funds came from.
2 phones are the least of your worries sport.

Cheers, Steve.

Jetsetjohn wrote:

They have strict rules for PESO , it was 10,000 then amended to 50,000 but the problem is half the world seem to think it's still 10,000 peso and also give random answers

Here you go. Please read up to keep you at ease...

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/p … o-fast.asp

robal

Never had any issues personally. Often have a high end phone, my macbook and ipad (for reading on the plane) in my backpack, as well as camera. They have never checked once in 5 years and at least a dozen trips into the country.

The rule  updated 2016 rule made by bangko sentral  ng,  the new limit is supposed to be 50 thousand peso and that web page is wrong , had any one tried to bring over 10k not exceeding 50k peso ?

https://www.philembassy.no/travel-info/ … hilippines

Steve your wrong , can someone speak with verified experiences , I don't need rumors thanks

Perhaps you could bring  US$ or Australian$, convert to pesos in country.

Try this:

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/publications/media.asp?id=4744

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Public Advisory on BSP Regulations on Bringing of Legal Tender Local and Foreign Currencies into or out of the Philippines a

Local Currency

Any individual (either Philippine residents or non-residents) is allowed to bring into or take out of the Philippines up to PHP50,000 without prior written authorization from the BSP. 

In excess of this amount, prior BSP written authorization should be secured.
The BSP allows cross-border transfer of local currency in excess of the limit only for the following purposes:

1.    For testing/calibration of money counting/sorting machines; and
2.    For numismatics (collectors of currency)/educational purposes.

Foreign Currency

There is no quantitative restriction as to the amount of foreign currency as well as other foreign currency-denominated bearer monetary instruments (such as travelers' checks, other checks, drafts, notes, money orders, bonds) that may be brought into or taken out of the country. 

But if the amount exceeds US$10,000 or its equivalent in other foreign currency, this must be declared in writing (with information on the source and purpose of the transport of such currency or monetary instrument) using the Bureau of Customs' (BOC) prescribed Foreign Currency and Other Foreign Exchange-Denominated Bearer Monetary Instruments Declaration Form.  The BOC declaration form is available at the BOC desk in the arrival/departure areas of all international airports and seaports in the Philippines. 

Note that it states 50,000 Pesos and that an amount above SHOULD have written approval, not must.

Are you bringing in PESOS or another currency?  It further states you can bring in up to $10,000 (US) without prior authorization.

Regarding bringing in cell phones and power banks you can as long as they are for personal use.  Please note that power banks MUST be in your carryon luggage.  I personally travel with 2 and no problems.  I actually asked a colonel of the PNP in charge of one of the airports this question about 2 months ago about the power banks and the above was his response,

I am aware of the document above , it's just frustrating because they seem to still use the old custom cards which have 10,000 peso limit.  Even the money changers in Singapore still think it's 10 thousand and I even called the customs hotline and they said it's 10 thousand  but there is news article on philstar that even shows a screen at Manilla airport clearly saying it's 50 thousand peso . Well even though it appears that the limit is now 50 thousand I think there is still a risk so I will take under 10 thousand to be sure and check the arivel cards and signage again

I am aware of the document above , it's just frustrating because they seem to still use the old custom cards which have 10,000 peso limit.  Even the money changers in Singapore still think it's 10 thousand and I even called the customs hotline and they said it's 10 thousand  but there is news article on philstar that even shows a screen at Manilla airport clearly saying it's 50 thousand peso . Well even though it appears that the limit is now 50 thousand I think there is still a risk so I will take under 10 thousand to be sure and check the arivel cards and signage again

A bank´s debit card should be your best friend looks like. As an addition how about reloadable visa debit cards that you can reload at will. Get six of those and reload as much and as frequent as you like if you need greater quantities. Problem solved! Better than carrying wads of cash where you can be a victim anytime.

Jetsetjohn wrote:

Steve your wrong , can someone speak with verified experiences , I don't need rumors thanks

I am wrong? Where with my response/s am I wrong, please do me/us the courtesy of quoting off.
I already spoke with "verified" experience and as said was not what you wanted to hear and can't work out which post as you sir don't listen too and condemn me . Others myself included have supplied copious amounts of info for your research. As said (first timer I gather) rock up with best buy PHP 10k cash then use your debit (if you have funds and sounds like a penny pincher) or credit card, golly Have to go back to work.

Mate your question raises some interesting points that myself and others have tried to help you with. I certainly would not be walking around in the Philippines with 50K in my pocket, target. Sorry to see you are sour with my and probably the next contributors proffered insights.
Slowly the wheels turn.

Steve.

I dont think you will have any problems with two phones and two powerbanks...i have traveled with three personal phones with no problem with customs

poopat wrote:

I dont think you will have any problems with two phones and two powerbanks...i have traveled with three personal phones with no problem with customs

Two power banks will probably not be an issue with customs.  However, you may have an issue with the airlines.  Lithium ion batteries are restricted to carry on.

Jeez
I've been coming in and out since 1991! Never has the card been more then glanced at! Usually just hand it back to you! I never has there been anyone asking to see my cash or anything else for that matter! Once past the customs window it's straight to the parking lot! I've brought in 6 new in the box iphones and 3 ipads and one Galaxy pro tablet and never even looked at it! They don't care! Jeez

lasvegan wrote:

Jeez
I've been coming in and out since 1991! Never has the card been more then glanced at! Usually just hand it back to you! I never has there been anyone asking to see my cash or anything else for that matter! Once past the customs window it's straight to the parking lot! I've brought in 6 new in the box iphones and 3 ipads and one Galaxy pro tablet and never even looked at it! They don't care! Jeez

Of course you brought those in at a span of time and not at the same time in one aggregate. Correct?

Nope! All at one time! I declared everything on the card! Handed to the custom agent and he laid it on the desk and asked me a couple questions about why I was here and handed the card back to me!

I brought in 2 iPhones, an iPad, 3 power banks and 2 laptops. Nobody said a word to me. In fact, nobody ever checked to see what I was bringing in and I had 3 large 70 lb suitcases, one carry on bag and a loaded backpack.
You are but a speed bump in their day. Dress decently, be polite and be on your way.

lasvegan wrote:

Nope! All at one time! I declared everything on the card! Handed to the custom agent and he laid it on the desk and asked me a couple questions about why I was here and handed the card back to me!

And no taxes either?

nothing! Nobody manning the check points! Hand in card and head to parking

Thanks for the update. Wow, hard to imagine.

Totally agree... you cannot check it in.... bring it with you with your carry on

Welcome to the forum Timestamp camera. Wow and wow again, I'm sold and so excited, so when you actually do the right thing and post your long winded retinue in the for sale section as should be done and rightly so the moderators have blocked your links you may make a sale, perhaps generate some real interest?
This is not Chinatown in Binondo (oldest in the world) nor a bazaar in Mumbai but an expat site with rules.
Golly gosh I wonder how many other countries you have hit?

BTW if your'e not selling anything then accept my humble apologies and then some.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Bigpearl ~

It's a free app, and metadata automatically does this anyway. Hahaha

Hahaha. And the glowing resume for this free app is where, posted 3 time by a new member/guest on totally unrelated threads disappeared as it should. The perpetrator should have created a new thread, perhaps even introduced him/herself to the members to give a little credibility or simply tried to seduce the unwary in the classified section.
Given your credibility as a long time member and advising the above some members may take note and have a look but to laugh at my input given the outright,,,, perhaps sales pitch, perhaps a scammer, who knows contribution from an unknown quantity?

I will take your scorn Hahaha as an oversight.

Cheers, Steve.

Shows 10 million downloads. Odd since metadata does this automatically. Not a great place to advertise.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … camerafree