Immigration help !

Hello Friends,
I'm considering of starting a new life at T&T and I need some help/advice on the immigration process.

I'm in my early 40s and a working professional. I'm exploring the possibility of starting a new life at T&T and I'm hoping I can get some help with the immigration process here. I plan to either search for a job (I know of the challenges) or setup a small business. I need to know the process around getting the residence permit and how that can be scaled to citizenship in future. Is there any bureaucracy involved? How much time does it take? Costs? Duration?

Is it legally possible to enter the country on a tourist visa and setup a small business (café) and then convert the tourist visa to a residency without having the leave the land?

Please excuse me, if this question has been asked several times earlier.

-
cheers,
sun.

The immigration process is rather lengthy. You aren't legally allowed to work or operate a business without the proper status.  You could  apply for a multi entry visa that would allow you more than the standard 3 months tourist visa. Personally, I believe it depends on your country of origin and your marriage status ........ with regards to the actual process.

http://www.ttconnect.gov.tt/gortt/porta … ent+Status

Good Luck with the system; to this day there are many who never got citizenship after twenty or thirty years living here. If it's about business well many have financed and operated using their own money through locals. Visit doing business here in Trinidad via U.S. Embassy /Trinidad.