Buying medication for heart disease

lasvegan wrote:

Cervinia breuil on the Italian side is the starting point for the friendship ski trek undertaken on January 24th! My birthday! At midnight you can see the skiers come across theodul glacier with their torches! I always told my friends in the pub at the Castor Pollux hotel that they're just coming to light my birthday cake candles lol

Very nice to hear you enjoyed that area. I enjoyed the place immensely but if I return to visit Italy I would like to explore the Alto Adige area...

Rota? I love it in Spain? Still on my list to spend some time there! I never made it to Sardinia! So close but out of the way! I remember the first time I crossed into Spain from France I had a NAVCAMSMED passport because I was DOD stationed in AFFSOUTH at NATO base! Wife was in Navy and up the street at The Navy base! Those were the days! 7 years in Germany, Italy and Benelux! Nothing like doing Octoberfest in Muchen!

Got sidetracked! I stopped at the first police station in Spain and they asked me why I was traveling on a NATO passport in Spain! Not a good thing to do! I had my normal passport which I should have shown! Anyway they attached a note explaining in case I had more problems while there! Lol! Lot of screaming going on upstairs at the station!

lasvegan wrote:

Rota? I love it in Spain? Still on my list to spend some time there! I never made it to Sardinia! So close but out of the way! I remember the first time I crossed into Spain from France I had a NAVCAMSMED passport because I was DOD stationed in AFFSOUTH at NATO base! Wife was in Navy and up the street at The Navy base! Those were the days! 7 years in Germany, Italy and Benelux! Nothing like doing Octoberfest in Muchen!

4 times I went to Oktoberfest in Munchen. I still have my green German hat full of decorations and
my Lederhosen!

lasvegan wrote:

Got sidetracked! I stopped at the first police station in Spain and they asked me why I was traveling on a NATO passport in Spain! Not a good thing to do! I had my normal passport which I should have shown! Anyway they attached a note explaining in case I had more problems while there! Lol! Lot of screaming going on upstairs at the station!

Those could have been the Guardia Civil with their funny nurse´s like hat. :lol:

LOL!!! Me too!

Did you go to Oberammergau and Garmish

I learned to hang glide off the Zugspitche

lasvegan wrote:

Did you go to Oberammergau and Garmish

Yes. I went to the Salt Mines. I visited the Eagles Nest also,

lasvegan wrote:

I learned to hang glide off the Zugspitche

That´s a blast!

Yup! Eagles Nest was interesting! Not what I thought it would be! But it is history and worth seeing! K-town was home for a bit! I started dabbling in grey car market! Bought German cars cheap and did the Zoll and Tuv and sold them in Italy at the Navy base to all the new E-3's just coming to Italy! Made some serious change!

lasvegan wrote:

Yup! Eagles Nest was interesting! Not what I thought it would be! But it is history and worth seeing! K-town was home for a bit! I started dabbling in grey car market! Bought German cars cheap and did the Zoll and Tuv and sold them in Italy at the Navy base to all the new E-3's just coming to Italy! Made some serious change!

You mean at Naval Support Activity in Naples (NSA)? You must know engines and know how to fix them also.

Yup NSA

My wife was teaching satcom advanced concepts at lago patria! FS 78-79 systems! I was at Afsouth NATO down the road! We lived in Cupalo Pinatmare

Wow. I had friends who worked at NSA and were married to Italian women. It gets hot during summer but tolerable.

We were there 3 years! Never got so bad that I needed to sit in the pool all day! NSA has two compounds linked by a gate! One was basic admin and Marine barracks! Enlisted club and nice steakhouse! The other part had Navy Exchange and large motorpool! It services the embassy about 98 miles north in Rome! What I liked best about the big vila we leased was I could look through my telescope and see the people riding the chair lift to the top of Vesuvius! Go get pizza by the meter at pizza ala metre! Bought a 1962 Mercedes 220b with less then 1000 kilometers on it! Still own it! Chinese boar bristle carpet and passenger side had never been occupied! Awesome car! 140 mph!

lasvegan wrote:

We were there 3 years! Never got so bad that I needed to sit in the pool all day! NSA has two compounds linked by a gate! One was basic admin and Marine barracks! Enlisted club and nice steakhouse! The other part had Navy Exchange and large motorpool! It services the embassy about 98 miles north in Rome! What I liked best about the big vila we leased was I could look through my telescope and see the people riding the chair lift to the top of Vesuvius! Go get pizza by the meter at pizza ala metre! Bought a 1962 Mercedes 220b with less then 1000 kilometers on it! Still own it! Chinese boar bristle carpet and passenger side had never been occupied! Awesome car! 140 mph!

Who owned that Mercedes? American or a local?

Depending on what you need, can be risky.

About 3 weeks ago I quit using Losartin here because the quality is suspect (proved it back in the west when needed serious surgery).
For instance, in the Phils alone, I know of 4 Losartin prescription types, through usage and by price. What it may be doing or not is up in the air, esp. here.

Prices.
Generic Pharma is cheapest at 5.5p / tablet, and the least reliable. It's quite possible there's no active agent or very little in them. I'd suggest stay away from the stand-alone Generic stores, for it's owned by a chinay, and if she's tapping into China for her stock, then you get the picture.
At one of the more reliable operations here, Rose Pharmacy have 3 brands, with prices at 8p, 13p and 24p. The usual staff/pharmacist may not be able to vouch for one over another? All they can do is provide the manufacturer and let you choose.
Why such differences in price, I don't know.
And this is why I've quit, and have started eating things that lower blood pressure. Is okay to take my chances. After all, once one is in the 60s or more, are not our years numbered?

Not sure if this will help you, but to become dependent on meds is a hazard in a lawless country like this. Best to bring the most you can purchase in the UK, and arrange somehow for them shipping the ‘good' stuff to you here, if you can...

For every 6 month trip here I bring 5 months of meds, buy 30 days worth locally and then spread it out over the 6 months so I never take local stuff two days in a row.  My blood pressure has been same as in USA last 3 years.

mugtech wrote:

For every 6 month trip here I bring 5 months of meds, buy 30 days worth locally and then spread it out over the 6 months so I never take local stuff two days in a row.  My blood pressure has been same as in USA last 3 years.

Do you bring generics from the US or the brand name meds?

robal wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Do you bring generics from the US or the brand name meds?

Bring generics, buy generics in the Philippines.