Buying medication for heart disease

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on purchasing medication for heart disease.

I will soon be living in Pampanga, but also visiting Pateros and Makati, Metro Manila.

I can get 6 months supply from my doctor here in the UK before I leave,  but once I am living permanently in the Philippines I will need a constant monthly supply.

Thanks.

Neil.

I get blood pressure medication here without a prescription, might want to check to see if your meds are over the counter.  Metformin is also available without a script.

Many_Moons_Old :

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on purchasing medication for heart disease.

I will soon be living in Pampanga, but also visiting Pateros and Makati, Metro Manila.

I can get 6 months supply from my doctor here in the UK before I leave,  but once I am living permanently in the Philippines I will need a constant monthly supply.

Thanks.

Neil.

Most of the time you need a doctor to prescribe heart medications. You should consult a Filipino
doctor ASAP upon arrival.

mugtech :

I get blood pressure medication here without a prescription, might want to check to see if your meds are over the counter.  Metformin is also available without a script.

It it´s not that strict, are there on-line sites where you can buy meds like generics where it´s heavily discounted? Metformin for blood glucose level maintenance is a common med that could be bought on-line.

Bought generics for 3 pesos/pill in the local pharmacy, cannot see it being cheaper through the mail.  Actually a little cheaper than when I buy 90 at a time with my script in the USA.

mugtech :

Bought generics for 3 pesos/pill in the local pharmacy, cannot see it being cheaper through the mail.  Actually a little cheaper than when I buy 90 at a time with my script in the USA.

That´s almost 06 cents in US dollars. Is that for Metformin for blood glucose maintenance or for blood pressure  medications like a diuretic or a beta blocker or a combination of an alpha or a beta blocker?

robal :
mugtech :

That´s almost 06 cents in US dollars. Is that for Metformin for blood glucose maintenance or for blood pressure  medications like a diuretic or a beta blocker or a combination of an alpha or a beta blocker?

It is for amlodipine besylate 5mg.

mugtech :
robal :
mugtech :

It is for amlodipine besylate 5mg.

Ok. It´s a calcium channel blocker to relax blood vessels for easier blood flow (hemodynamics).