Appeal to short stay visa ,Netherlands

I don't think anyone in the whole world ever had a bad experience as mine when it comes to short stay visa to the Netherlands,  I had applied for belgium got refused then the Netherlands got refused , appeal for the application , forget about it , apply again , refused because there's an appeal of the first application, the appeal has taken them 7 months to come up with the final decision ,i was submitted on 23rd march ,and now they had sent me a letter of the final decision on 18th of october after i had submitted a default notice that forced the IND to make the decision , otherwise they'll pay for the penalty, still haven't received the appeal letter, keep in mind that every application was with complete set of all the necessary documwnts you could think of, my bank account had 5000$ in it ,work confirmation..... you name it,one time i called the IND demanding my right to know the contact number of my case manager , the employee say"well please try again later byeeeeee",tooot,tooot,tooot,it is a nightmare,I've also asked the IND to provide me with the final decision of the appeal by phone , to which they replied they can't ,i can't think of a reason to justify sutch treatment to a guy like me, I always ask politely,paying over and over the fees to those applications without any results is very cruel,the dutch representative office here in palestine doesn't even answer when calling on their official phone number.

Vfs employee always told me in surprise, how come you didn't get the visa?!!, and that i had full application

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If you've been turned away by both Belgium and the Netherlands, it suggests to me that there is something not quite right.  The only reason they would not have told you why is if there is something in your background that makes both countries decide to turn you away without appeal (for example criminality); many countries require at least 12 months after a crime is deemed as spent before they will even consider an application to reside there.

If that is not relevant and you have appealed in either country, then they must have told you why because it's the basis of your appeal.

If you are determined then perhaps you need to speak to a lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I assure you i have zero criminal backgrounds, I've never been to prison in Palestine or outside Palestine, iv'e never had a visa to Europe before which i thinks is the reason behind all that rejection,also i have submitted my appeal to the Netherlands and the IND confirmed that a letter of the final decision is on it's way to me , so what you're saying doesn't apply to my case, i think it's because i haven't been to Europe before , all they care about is to make sure you will return back to your country of origin ,after all i'm a (muslim \arab\don't have blue eyes), ridiculous.

Odayzakss wrote:

I assure you i have zero criminal backgrounds, I've never been to prison in Palestine or outside Palestine, iv'e never had a visa to Europe before which i thinks is the reason behind all that rejection,also i have submitted my appeal to the Netherlands and the IND confirmed that a letter of the final decision is on it's way to me , so what you're saying doesn't apply to my case, i think it's because i haven't been to Europe before , all they care about is to make sure you will return back to your country of origin ,after all i'm a (muslim \arab\don't have blue eyes), ridiculous.

Hi again.

I mentioned criminality as just one example for you being rejected; of one thing I am certain, you were not rejected for being a Muslim or not having blue eyes; there are many expat Muslims living and working in the Netherlands and Belgium; they all got visas of one kind to get there.  Not having visited before is not a legitimate reason for being denied.

Not being certain you will leave after 90 days is definitely one reason for you being denied.  To be denied once is unlucky, two times, then you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

Appeals can tend to backfire as they take longer than you canceling your original application and re-applying.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

they haven't even called me for an interview before the rejection, and i tried to apply for a visa again while my appeal is still under processing , and got rejected for the same two reasons, purpose of visit and intention to leave , which is not true because the dutch representative office told me that because you a still going appeal new applications will not be refused, that was after i have forgotten about the appeal ,if i had known this before the third application i wouldn't have applied a third time.

Hi again.

They don't have to interview you (I don't know anybody who has at your stage), which is why it's important to get your application right 1st time round.  Whatever you say and based on what you have said, there is no reason to reject your application, but they have; you have to accept that there is something wrong with your application and you need to do something differently.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi, me again , i tell you the normal status of any application to The Netherlands here in Palestine is to be rejected , as for Belgium they always take two months to process any short stay visa , i can prove it to you, these visa options on the website are just for protocols, everybody here know that you can't get a visa without a sponsor , and a signed documents from the nearest police station to the inviting person, it's very disrespectful, and it doesn't matter how much money you have.

Odayzakss wrote:

Hi, me again , i tell you the normal status of any application to The Netherlands here in Palestine is to be rejected , as for Belgium they always take two months to process any short stay visa , i can prove it to you, these visa options on the website are just for protocols, everybody here know that you can't get a visa without a sponsor , and a signed documents from the nearest police station to the inviting person, it's very disrespectful, and it doesn't matter how much money you have.

Hi again.

I'm trying to spot the obvious issues; what passport do you hold?

From the IND website, these are the conditions you HAVE to meet:

IND wrote:

You have to meet the following conditions:

You have a valid travel document, for example a passport. The travel document still has to be valid for 3 months after the end of the visa period. It can also not be older than 10 years.

You have a travel purpose in the Netherlands. For example a hotel reservation or an invitation from a sponsor in the Netherlands.

You have sufficient financial means for your stay in the Netherlands, the transit and/or the return trip. You have at least € 34 per person per day for the duration of your stay in the Netherlands. Someone in the Netherlands may sponsor your stay financially. Your sponsor may be asked to sign a Proof of Sponsorship at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.

You have sufficient reasons to return to your country of origin or residence. For example, because you have work, (school-aged) children or your own home there. Having only a return ticket is not enough.

It is highly recommended that you have taken out (medical) travel insurance in your name. However, taking out (medical) travel insurance is not mandatory.

You can take out the insurance in your country of origin. Is that not possible? You can also take out the insurance in another country. The person in the Netherlands that you invite may also take out the insurance for you in his own place of residence. It is advisable that the insurance has a coverage of at least € 30,000 for medical costs in the Schengen area and at least covers the following costs:

- Costs for return to country of origin for medical reasons.
    - Urgent medical care.
    - Emergency treatment in the hospital.

How did you prove these items?

Cynic
Expat Team

OK, I've applied for a short stay visa (type C) , for tourism purposes , the vfs employee also asked me the same question and wrote  it down in my application, Health insurance valid for a month starting the exact intended date of arrival, i had no sponsor or invitation , so i booked a hotel reservations with the proper date with all the documents confirming the booking , i even made sure to check in online providing my Credit card number etc.., also provided them with a work confirmation from the registered company i work with here in Palestine stating that i'll be off work on a vacation for the whole period of the intended date of trip , passport also valid until 9 November 2020, my application was full which is why i lodged the appeal and after seven months i called the IND , and the employee told me that they are officially late and that they made a mistake so you can file in a default notice to force them to make the decision on your appeal , the deadline was 17th June which is 3 months , so i sent the default notice to the IND with authorization for the penalty, they received the notice on 14th October and made the final decision on 18th of October, and now i am waiting for a letter of that final decision which is weird cause it's been more than two weeks , i don't care whether it's overruled or not , i'm just curious to how much disrespect i could get from the IND.

my bank statement show 5000$ in it, so that's not the reason,
beside  at the VFS the employee would inform you if there's any missing documents you should present which never happened to me, and it's mentioned in the application that having all the required documents doesn't necessarily mean that they are obliged to grant you a visa.

Hi again.

This is all very strange.  The VFS guy is dead right, they don't have to give you a visa, some people are declined as you have been, some get no further than Schiphol airport (although that's very rare).  All that said, the Netherlands have a reputation for being extremely friendly to Expats and Tourists, they need them to come to Holland, they need the skills that workers have and the money that tourists spend while here; the Dutch Government are quite open about this.

One thing it could be is that somebody has previously used your identity for nefarious reasons (identity theft is a massive issue worldwide) and obtained a passport in your name using your identity, then you are an innocent victim.

When you get your letter giving the details of why you were declined, I'd be interested in knowing what it says, particularly if you manage to resolve it to your satisfaction.  You don't have to tell me, but it may help us with helping others with similar issues.

Cynic
Expat Team

Your theory of identity thieft had been in my head since my first refusal, long time ago i was applying online for some jobs and at some point they would ask for a scanned copy of the passport, maybe that's the case maybe not ,am not so sure.

Might be an idea to approach whoever issued your passport and ask if a duplicate has ever been issued.