Guide dogs

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have visited Norway last year (mostly Bergen) and we absolutely loved it, so we would like to do it again next year. The question is, my girlfriend is visually impaired and she has a guide dog (which she did not have last year), how are things in Norway ? Here in France guide dogs have the right to go everywhere (even If sometimes it can be difficult) and I would like to know if it is the same thing on Norway, like have they access to public transports, planes, restaurants, shops...

I thank you all for your help and wish you a good day

Ruben & Noëlie

Hello,

No problem at all. Norwegians are great animal lovers, dogs are part of their lives and they have special respect for guide dogs.

For the law part: Even though Norway is not an EU country, they are under basic assistance dog policy. Places where dogs are not allowed to be, a guide dog is allowed to be according to the policy, since a guide dog counts as an assistant to the handler as long as all the papers are according to the general assistance dog rules (papers must attest that dog is a trained guide dog and registered to the handler other than general animal rules) and the dog must wear the white guide dog harness all the time in duty. Cheers!

Thank you for your answer kind Sir, I really appreciate it. It was exactly what I needed to know !
Have a nice day,
Ruben

You are welcome Sir, happy to help. You may have traveled with a dog before so you are probably familiar with ID tag, European pet passport, veterinary certificate and all those basics and also IATA's live animal regulations. What special when it comes to Norway is dwarf tapeworm vaccination, maybe good to know.