English breakfast

Anyone know an exceptional cafe in Saigon that sells a good english breakfast at a reasonable price ? Thanks...

Could try union Jack's

panda7 wrote:

Anyone know an exceptional cafe in Saigon that sells a good english breakfast at a reasonable price ? Thanks...

Exceptional cafe?

Reasonable price?

I guessing that a "reasonable" price at an "exceptional" cafe is going to be more money than you want to pay.

Isn't it reasonable for an exceptional business to charge more money than an average business?

Or should the cafe owner subsidize your hunger?

;)

The Hungry Pig offers a passable English breakfast:

https://thehungrypigcafe.com

The place itself is not particularly comfortable though.

Eden in Phu My Hung id pretty good.

My visiting relatives and expats from Europe praised The Fat Cow (Con Bò Mập) on Nguyễn Hữu Cảnh (Bình Thạnh).

Ciambella wrote:

My visiting relatives and expats from Europe praised The Fat Cow (Con Bò Mập) on Nguyễn Hữu Cảnh (Bình Thạnh).

Con Bò Mập (The Fat Cow)
135/37/21 Nguyễn Hữu Cảnh
Phường 22
Bình Thạnh
Hồ Chí Minh
(Phone number listed on Google Maps Profile)
Google Maps link

I ended up trying L'Usine on Dường Dong Khoi. I had the whole balcony to myself this morning with a great outlook so was pretty happy. It's a little tricky to find so you will need to ask someone out front where it is.

I also tried Den Long restaraunt which is small but well worth a look.

If you want the best go to Runam d'or opposite the church in D1.
They make the best Egg Coffee you will ever taste...

impossible, they only serve "asian" bacon and sausages everywhere.

I went there in my hunt for a fry up... dissapointed. They just don't do bacon and sausages like the west.

phikachu wrote:

I went there in my hunt for a fry up... dissapointed. They just don't do bacon and sausages like the west.

Who are you replying to, use the quote button.

I like vietnamese bacon better than US bacon.  Less fat.

SteinNebraska wrote:

If it's prepared well, I agree.

I just don't like it boiled...

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

If it's prepared well, I agree.

I just don't like it boiled...

Never seen that, only fried.

Snap cafe in D2 is pretty good if you have kids but not purely British. Union Jacks tops my list for British food. I order on Vietnammm.

phikachu wrote:

Obviously! And I bet most places in the west don't do Vietnamese like in the east.
Part of travelling is adapting.

phikachu wrote:

There are few places in Thao Dien that do a decent job, depends on what you expect.

Local to me doesn't understand that baked beans should be served hot