30 days in Phnom Penh

My hope is to relocate to Cambodia in the next 3 or 4 years because I love Cambodia so much. Currently I live in the USA. I plan to travel and stay there for 4 weeks early next year. I was hoping to rent an apartment for that period of time to see what it's really like to live there. I am looking at these real estate sites and see lots of rentals but I don't know if they will rent for just 30 days or if they are looking for long term.
Any advice on where to look to rent an apartment for a month?
Tom Champ

Hey Tom most places will not rent for 30 days , except guesthouse etc, maybe find someone who is out of town to sublet, but thirty days is tough I too am from USA I think you will love pp, I certainly do this is going on year number 5 for me , I think guesthouse is closes you will come for just 30 days, good luck

Hi - if you contact some real estate agents direct you may find something. I have seen some short term lets advertised in the past. Google will give you the agents contact details. Also Airbnb has a lot of properties in PP, you could try that.

Great idea air bnd, I think this is a better option than guesthouse , many great ideas on this website

Airbnb is indeed a great option for short stays.

Another one is one of the hostels, some of them have, beside the dorms, private rooms available and you could get one for as much as $10 per night, based on 30 nights stay.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks, guys, for all your posts. Very helpful!
Best regards.

I stayed in a decent Airbnb  property for three weeks which was very close to the river side area about a month ago. Just another option to consider.  Just noticed this was suggested and I think it's a great alternative for a month. Often you get a kitchen and laundry facilities in Airbnb apartments. Mine was very close to downtown and within walking distance of some great restaurants and the Aeon Mall is not that far.

Thanks for your response. I have been looking at some AirBnB properties and did find some that are suitable. I am also going to check with some of these realtors to see if the properties they have listed are willing to lease for one month. Doesn't hurt to ask right?
Best regards.

I have done what you are planning, some time ago, and I would advise against it: You have to consider that if you rent an apartment, you will have to spend quite a bit of money to be able to live comfortably in it. For example there won't be any bedsheets, nor towels or bathroom stuff, maybe there's a ceiling fan but you'll probably still need to buy a fan, and if you want to cook at home, you'll have to buy everything except the stove (pans, dishes, cutlery...). For just one month, it's a lot of stuff and hardly worth it. That's why I recommend AirBnB, if you can find something for 4 weeks on AirBnb, it will be a lot easier. Unfortunately AirBnb didn't exist back when I rented an apartment for a month.

Thank you for your reply. I've considered it and have decided that AirBnB is the best option based on some of the other replies. I have found a few places already.
I'm so excited for this trip. I was in Cambodia last March and I loved it!
Have a great night!

Make sure you check out the comments on TripAdvisor for the Airbnb places. Last time I checked there was an African guy (Nigerian?) Who seemed to own a few places and all his apartments were different to advertised and got poor reviews.

Pm me I'm out of town for a few months I have a beautiful apartment, just empty now , I will return January 9 but I'm in Vietnam a lot maybe I could let you use my place central location, beautiful place balcony WiFi pots pans dishes, everything is there new bed etc, a few blocks from riverside, central market and royal palace , might work for you ?